Sunday, December 3, 2017

December is Here!

Wow, December! So much has happened over the last few months. I have wanted to update my blog so many times and because I haven't been able to upload photos, I just give up. I finally decided that I can catch-up in writing and when (if ) I ever figure out how to add photos, I can go back and add them to each post. Ugh, such a pain. But I am determined to not give up on blogging. I love looking back through my blog and re-reading things I have written. I will find just the right thing that I need to read when I have shared something I am struggling with, and it will help me all these years later. I have been so thankful for that. 
I am in the process of finding a company to print out my blog into a book so I can keep it forever. My kids have been reading it recently and it's so fun for them to go back and read things from when they were little. Ic an't believe I have had this blog for going on TEN years! I love it. 

Christmas is in three weeks. My family and I are in the process of "Lighting the World" with the church wide initiative of helping somebody every day and remembering Christ. It has been so wonderful to talk about it each night with my kids and watch the videos that correspond with that day's service goal. I bore my testimony in church today of how much I love Christmas, but I love both sides-- the Christ side, as well as the commercial side. It's all fun and wonderful to me. But I know that it is so important to teach my children what Christmas is really about. It is about Christ and what He did and continues to do for us. It is about the miracles that took place and about Him and His ministry upon this earth. It is about a wee babe, born in a smelly barn, the humblest of birth places. I love my Savior and am so thankful for the testimony I have of Him and of Christmas. I am so thankful for good, kind, children who are so receptive to the gospel. I know it may not always be that way, but I will try my hardest always to make it so. 

I love this life I live. I love my family. I love my friends. I am so incredibly blessed and thankful for my life. 

Merry Christmas Season, everyone!

No comments: