Friday, June 21, 2013

Homework

If there is anything I'm going to dislike about being back in school, it's sure to be the homework. Now, I get it. I understood that I would be doing homework, writing papers, reviewing math that I hadn't done in over 15 years. However, if there is anything worse than busywork, I will eat my hat. 

Truly, I have spent more hours in the last week doing busywork thank I have sleeping. If my count is correct, I have done over 600 math problems ranging from multiplying decimals to long division, ratios to rounding, fractions to conversions, and everything in between.

Surprisingly, it has all come back to me and I have yet to encounter a problem I couldn't solve (even though math is most definitely not my strong suit), however, it has taken hours upon hours to get there. I am oh so tired. I have stayed up until 2 AM the last 3 nights working on my math homework. It's exhausting. I guess I will really see if I can hack it as a college student. I seriously doubt I could have 12 years ago, which is the age normal people do it. 

Here's to being the oldest one in my math class! (Except I'm really not... I sit in front of a woman with white hair. Go, granny, go!)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your last post that you wrote titled "Today" isn't showing up on your blog. I was going to leave you a comment, but this post is the most recent that I can see. You are amazing Sarah! School, 5 kids, and everything else you accomplished is more than my busiest day. I have to do lists, but lack the drive and motivation to complete them. Maybe someday. I'm stilling trying to figure out my new normal life.

Sarah said...

I know, I took it off for a few days. But, it's back now :)

Thanks for your sweet comment, but now you know that that day isn't typical for me. You have an incredible excuse for not wanting to get your to-do lists done, so I don't blame you one bit. I think you are amazing for all that you accomplish with having four kids and a dang brain tumor. You are wonder woman.