Friday, July 25, 2014

One More Month

Well, another week almost over. I don't know if I mentioned that I am counting down the days until summer break is over. Sadly, it has nothing to do with my children being out of school and me ready for them to go back. In fact, I have not been able to get enough of my kids this break. But, I just need to get through this summer and I will have so many "things" crossed of of my list. Things like...

- another semester of school down
- Youth Conference and Girl's Camp (I am in the YW presidency, which I love, but it is the busiest calling ever!)
- birthday parties (Bear's is tomorrow and Jonah's is the next day.)
- my CNA certification

Just to name a few.

In fact, some of these are already over and done. I just got home from girl's camp today. We went to bed so late every night, never before 2:30 AM. As tired as I was (and am), it was worth it (well, as of right now. I feel myself getting sick, so we shall see if I feel like it was "worth it" in a few days...). I love the good times at girl's camp.

The picture below is what I am up to right now. I am finishing up the prep for Baron's Pokemon birthday party. And guess what I finally realized while preparing for this party? That I actually do like crafts!! It is so relaxing to be working on something. I think the reason I have always thought that I didn't care for crafts was because I am not a perfectionist and my crafts never look great. Well, I don't care if everything looks great for a 6 year old's birthday party, so this has been rather enjoyable.

I will just be relieved when everything is over. I know I am supposed to enjoy the ride, joy in the journey (or whatever) but for the next month, I just want it to be September. I am so close. I can do anything for just one more month, right?

Here's to hoping.

2 comments:

amberkei said...

Yay! Your CNA certification!! It's so close!! I'm preparing a bday party too right now and I think you're awesome to still be doing it. I feel for you about YWs...such a busy, never-ending calling. Good luck!!

Sarah said...

Thanks Amber! You always say the sweetest things!