Sunday, September 7, 2014

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

Well, we are home! We got home last Thursday, in time to pick up the older four kiddos from school. It was the first time I have picked them up since school had started 2 weeks before. That definitely made me happy.

Over the past few days life has slowly started to get back to "normal". Well, at least a new "normal". I went back to work for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday. Andy goes back on Monday. After going to my classes on Friday, I felt an immense urge to drop them and felt like there was no way I could do school at this time in my life. I felt like I needed to just be available for my children and husband. So, after speaking with a counselor to make sure I wouldn't lose my financial aid, I dropped my classes. It will be so strange to not have school to worry about. Nice, but strange. Andy and I have been going to school for the last 4 semesters, and it has become a normal part of life for all of us. I thought I would feel nothing but relief once I dropped, but I feel a little bit of anxiety instead. I had a plan for getting into nursing school and my plan has been put off track. And, as stressful and busy as school can be sometimes, I have loved learning. I feel smarter than I have in years, haha :)

So now we start that new normal of doctor appointments, therapy visits, radiation therapy, and the like. Mine and Andy's classes/study time will be replaced with driving to various appointments for Magnus. This weeks alone we have 6 appointments scheduled. Therapy, neuro check-up, oncology visit, stitches removal, home health visit, and radiation consult.... I am enjoying this weekend before the storm hits.

Andy and I were able to go out on a date last night, thanks to my lovely sister watching our two little boys. The older three kids went to the Real Salt Lake soccer game; Daphne and Jonah with their soccer teams and Laylah with a friend. 

I couldn't help but think about when two weeks before we had been on a date and decided to go home and check on the kids. Instead of continuing on our date to go get ice cream, we ended up in the ER and staying at the hospital for nearly two weeks, our lives changed forever.

So last night, I finally got my ice cream. And it was delicious.

1 comment:

Amber Kei said...

That's a hard decision to make, but I'm sure your family and you will be blessed. Hopefully you get to go back soon....ish! Love you!