Thursday, October 7, 2010

Trouble

I think I'm in trouble. I want a vacation. Only problem is.... I'm having a baby in 3 1/2 weeks. Yup. That's right. So why, oh, why am I craving a vacation right NOW?!

You know how you just get that longing? That feeling that you NEED to get away, and soon. Or at least have something to look forward to? That's what I want. Something to look forward to. And there is nothing. Except 6-8 loooong months of nursing and having a baby attatched to me, getting kids ready every morning for school, packing lunches, driving children to various extra-curricular activities, grocery shopping, laundry (oh my goodness, the laundry!), cleaning, dishes, planning dinners and preparing them, and I'm sure there is a lot more that I just don't want to think about right now.

Now, don't get me wrong. I adore my life. I love taking care of my family. It gives me so much joy and happiness and I just love my calling as a wife and mother.

But.

Sometimes.... you just need a break, you know? *sigh*

I think I'll feel differently once this babe is born because there is no way I will want to leave him/her for any length of time of course.... but still.

I want a getaway. Someone tell my husband. Our 9th anniversery will be next June. Perfect timing :)

Mom....are you available?

Heehee :)

3 comments:

Sharon and John said...

I totally hear ya! Nothing like a good "get-away." Here's to the 3 1/2 wek final push! Good luck.

Melanie said...

I feel the same way right now. I'd even be happy with just one night!

The A.Wahls said...

Count me in...I'd love a little weekend away. I'd be content to spend all of it sleeping, it that were possible. :)