Tuesday, April 30, 2013

An Easter In March

I love when Easter is in March. It doesn't happen very often, in fact, the last time Easter was in March, I was about 8.5 months pregnant with Baron. I had him about 3 weeks later, so that is basically all I remember about that Easter. Oh, and the fact that Andy was out of town and I had to pick him up at the airport later that day. That was when he used to travel ALL THE TIME for work. But, that is a story for another day, because I digress.
 
So, like I said.... A March Easter! We had a neighborhood breakfast and egg hunt for the kids on Saturday that was a lot of fun. I stuck with Magnus and the other kids all ran away to find thee best possible eggs, so I didn't really get any photos of them at all.

 
We colored eggs that night (With cousins! Fun!)





 
As the Easter Bunny was assembling baskets, I heard someone get out of bed and go to the bathroom. Then, when they were finished, instead of going back to their bed, I heard cupboards opening and someone searching for their Easter Basket. At one in the morning!
 
I peeked out my bedroom to see Jonah poking around and told him that he needed to get back to bed. He sheepishly obliged, while reminding me that Easter was his favorite holiday and he was just so excited! I understand son, I understand :)

The next morning was exciting as the kids awoke and searched for their eggs and baskets. It was a lot of fun because this year, we were in a new house with lots of new hiding places, and because the kids are getting older, the Easter Bunny decided to give them more of a challenge. The 2 little boys found theirs fairly quickly, but the older 3 took longer and started getting a little frustrated, which I found hysterical.



 Eventually, they were all found and enjoyed.
 
I made our delicious Easter Breakfast of baked french toast with carmelized maple syrup, bacon, strawberries, oj, and milk. So yum.
 
We dressed in our Easter duds and took some family photos. Magnus wasn't very cooperative, as usual. But, I got a few.
 Easter outfits are one of my favorite things about the holiday. My other favorite thing is the candy. Mmmmm..... Peeps. And Cadbury Mini Eggs. And Starburst Jellybeans. And Reese's Eggs. I could go on...
Happy Happy Easter to you! Only a month late :)

No comments: