Friday, March 28, 2014

Sometimes You Just Need Your Girls

 Ahhh, today is the start of my kid's spring break. Mine was a couple weeks ago, but it didn't seem like it because I still had to study and I still went to work and my kids still went to school and yeah. It wasn't fun. My kiddos are out of school for 10 whole glorious days! Sleeping in! No getting ready! No homework! No projects due! Just fun and lazy. Well, it won't be all fun and lazy, I have a few spring cleaning projects planned, but hopefully we can get those done and be on with the fun part. And also, it will be super weird because Jonah got invited to go to San Diego with one of his best buds for 8 days. That's a long time for me to not see my boy! I will surely miss him, but he will probably want to be adopted by his friend's family by the time they come home. Haha. Anyways....

I have had several GNO recently and I just have to say that they were glorious. I used to live for Girl's Night Out. It was marked on my calender every month, not to be missed. And it was always fun and good and I loved it. But somewhere along the way it kind of got lost in the shuffle and it became really sporadic and occasional. It started to seem like more of a chore because I was already away from my family so much that I felt really guilty leaving them again just so I could go and have fun. But after having a few really super fun nights with my ladies, I realize that it leaves me feeling refreshed and like I can be a better mom and wife because of that little break I got to have. I need to schedule more GNO.

Last week I got together with some ladies from my ward/neighborhood. One of our friends, Holly, is moving so we threw her a going away party. It was themed Ugly Momma's Night Out. The goal was to dress as ugly as possible. Well, I had work and then school all day, so I showed up looking semi-normal in my work clothes. They forced me to put on a hideous silk dress that was 10 sizes too big and resembled draperies (or Joseph's technicolor dream coat). Everyone else looked simply amazing. Her are some photos to prove it...





 We played laser tag against a bunch of teenage boys who pretty much thought we were crazy. We had a dance party and went to dinner and then cruised around looking for trouble and dying of laughter. It was pretty much the best night ever. I loved it. That's around the time I realized that I missed my Girls' Night! I need to have them more often. Laughter is good for my soul.

Later that week I was able to take my two darling girls to a Lion House luncheon for a little family reunion on my Grandm'a Marge's side of the family. It is a ladies lunch, so no boys allowed :) It was fun to see most of my cousins and get to catch up and chat and eat yummy food. Afterwards my mom, Laylah, and I went shopping for Easter outfits for the kids. We found some winners, so you'll get to see the kid's outfits come Easter! They are pastel and colorful and they will all look like Easter eggs. And I will love it. Here are some photos of the day.




I also got to chaperone a field trip for Laylah's class last week. I just love getting to spend time with my kids one-on-one.  We went to the nature center and learned about animal adaptations and went for a beautiful nature walk... and I was late getting my group back to the bus. Whoops.

Last night for our Young Women activity we decided we all needed a Girl's Night Out as well and headed to The Chocolate for some delicious desserts and girl talk. It was hilarious. I have to say, I love my Young Women and my calling.  I have had a post in the works all about my last year as a Young Women leader, but it isn't finished yet. I have a lot of posts in the works...

And last but not least I got to have a fun birthday lunch (only a couple months late :) with my lovely Grandma D. I love her, she's so cute and fun. She took me to my favorite Leatherby's and we talked and ate fries and ice cream.  She's the greatest.

So there you have it. It's true what they say, sometimes a girl just needs her ladies.

No comments: