Thursday, May 1, 2014

Easter Sundee

 Easter was great this year. And that is not always the case, so I am counting my blessings. We always have a neighborhood Easter Party complete with a giant egg hunt (literally, hundreds of eggs), treats, neighborhood camaraderie and great conversation. It was a fun night. I always run with Magnus, so I don't have any pictures of the other kids running around to gather up eggs, but that's okay. They all got lots of eggs that were full of candy and money.



Andy also dyed eggs with the kids while I was at work. I got TWO pictures from him. TWO. That's all. He told me that no one was really into it except Magnus. I found that odd because they have always loved dying Easter Eggs. I even made extra this year so they could do more than usual. I guess my kids are growing up. *sniff


The evening before Easter (which also happened to be Andy's birthday, but more on that later) the Easter Bunny came and hid all of the eggs, filled up the baskets, and then hid those too. He tried to be super sneaky this year.

It took the kids almost an hour to find all of the baskets! I'm sure the Easter Bunny was chuckling about his sneaky hiding places such as the laundry hamper and the spooky storage room. They found the eggs in about 5 seconds, what a rip-off.

 Besides the usual candy in their baskets, the kids all got new swimsuits, flip-flops, and sunglasses. I mean, it was stuff they all needed anyway. What a smart Easter Bunny we have. Good looking too. They also all got a new Webkinz. They were excited about that for 2 seconds (except Daphne who wasn't excited about hers at all because it had a pink bow in its hair). These kids of mine.... they are getting tricky in their grown-up age. That's okay. They acted grateful which is what matters, haha.

We then got to do my favorite part of Easter.... getting dressed up in our Easter best for church! My mom got the kids their new Easter clothes (how many times can I say Easter in one post?!) I loved how colorful and pastel they were.

Church was awesome. We got a new Bishop that day. We had some amazing lessons on Christ. I watched the new Easter movie put out by the church with my kids. I cried and they saw me cry and I was glad. I was able to bear my testimony to them about my Savior and how grateful I was for what He did for me. Laylah had done a little Easter lesson every day of the week leading up to Easter and I loved it so much. It really set the tone for the holiday and why we celebrate it. I am so thankful for my Savior. I know He lives and I love Him.
I am so thankful that because of Him I get to be a wife and a mom and live the wonderful life that I do. 

Happy Easter.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love all the colors in your kids Easter clothes too! Are you ready for Goldilocks? Have you picked your shirt up yet from my Mom's house? I'm excited for the ride. I think we'll have a blast. Can't wait to see you.