Sunday, June 1, 2014

Just Another Day in the Life

 I never have time to blog anymore, at least in the capacity that I would like to. But I read a quote on the program at church that stated something to the effect of "...record your family history any way you possibly can." And since this is literally the only place I record anything, I am getting it down in the best and easiest way for me. Even if this post has 100 pictures and two months worth of stuff we have had going on, at least I am recording it for my sake. Some of it really should have it's own post. But it doesn't. Moving on...

 I am still working and loving it. I am almost always booked and have awesome clients, so that makes it easier to go to work and leave my kids. One night my girl's in Young Women's came and had deep conditions done at the salon. It was fun and they loved it. I had this idea that I would devote an entire post to Young Women's and how it has been, but I never did that. So now I am just throwing in random pictures from various things that are Young Women related. It had been the best/worst calling. I love it and the girls, but it is so much work and so busy.

 Spring soccer has been in full swing and just ended a couple weeks ago. This is a photo of Jonah. He played AMAZINGLY well this season. He was one of the top scorers on his team. He just tried out for the competition team (Murray Max) and made it! He is thrilled. Year round soccer, here he comes.

This is just me displaying my amazing multitasking skills. I'm making dinner and breakfast at the exact same time! Just kidding, the crock-pot is making dinner. I've actually read that true multitasking is impossible. I'd have to agree.

My mom invited me to a day of Women's Conference down at BYU. It was really fun and we went to some amazing classes. I took notes at all of them and wanted to discuss my thoughts on some of them with Andy, but we have yet to do that. Someday...

This is pretty crazy. We had a swarm of bees camp out underneath our tramp for a few days. It was scary until we realized that they are harmless. If you want to know what a swarm of bees is, click HERE. It was very interesting to read more about honeybees and learn something new. We ended up calling a beekeeper to come and get them when they outstayed their welcome.

Baron got to do a presentation on dinosaurs for his class. We did a volcano at the end to show how the dinos could have become extinct. He did an excellent job.

Jonah had some great luck in the month of April. He won an Arbor Day contest put on by the city of Murray. He got to be presented with an award at a ceremony by the mayor and they provided an awesome barbecue lunch for the families of the winners. We are really proud of his artistic abilities.


 And not pictured is Jonah getting to go with the Principal's Club to a trampoline bounce house for part of school one day. He won that privilege because he was recommended by a teacher who noticed him doing something kind. I'm so proud of that boy.

He is also a great big brother and made this fort over the boys' bunk bed. They slept in it one night.

Daphne's soccer season came to an end as well. Her team was really great and won the majority of their games. She also made Murray Max again. She loves soccer! She has grown up so much this year and is getting so tall. She is such a funny, cute girl and I adore her.

Another Young Women activity. My awesome sister-in-law Breanna came and taught us cake decorating. It was way more fun than I thought it would be. I made mini cakes for all of the girls to decorate and all different colors of frosting. They did an amazing job!

Here's a sad Magnus sitting in front of our last fire of the season. This boy gets sick more often than anyone I know. He has had the throw-ups 4 times in the last 3 weeks. He also had strep in there as well. Poor baby.

This was taken on Mother's Day. It was a great day. I got gifts in bed (and Magnus threw-up in my bed as well that morning, just what a mother wants) and some yummy breakfast. It was a lovely day at church and afterwards we went to see our mother's. I like Mother's Day a lot. I love that my kids are extra well-behaved and that they are so loving and cute. It was the day after my century bike ride, so I was a little achy and was just able to rest most of the day. I am one blessed, happy mommy.

This funny photo was taken at Andy's parent's house.  These are a bunch of cousins all gathered around Jonah to watch him play the ipad. Obsessed much?

The kids have had a few choir performances. This one was at family Move-It Night at the kids' school. We had a healthy dinner and then activities to get your family up and moving together. The choir performed and did an awesome job. It was a fun night. I love my kids' school and all of the fun activities they do. You can play Where's Waldo (except find my kids) and look for Laylah, Jonah, Daphne, and Baron. I promise they are all in there somewhere.

I went on a zoo field trip with Jonah. This was my cute and very polite group of boys.

We were matchy in our orange.

And finally we have Baron's soccer season. This boy is great at soccer and scored a ton for his team. He is so much bigger than everyone and that usually means he is a lot faster as well. He would take the ball all the way down the field from the opposite end and score.  No one would be around because he could always outrun them.
 
Here he is with his two best buddies, Ezra and Easton. 
 
I had a super fun training meeting for work and learned how to do several different kind of hair extensions. It was a lot of fun. I love continued education classes. I love to learn. I stole this photo off another girl in the class's Instagram account.

Laylah's big dance recital night finally arrived. All of her hard work from the entire year paid off!

Laylah and the amazing Miss Victoria of Dancemakers Studio.





 She had so many friends and family members come and support her. She was in 4 dances and she did an amazing job. She is a great dancer. She tried out for a company team for next year and made the second to highest company. I am so proud of her hard work and dedication and it makes me such a happy mom to know that one of my kids takes after me and my love of dance.

Here are some pictures from her photo shoot.

 In other exciting news, MY SISTER RACHEL MOVED BACK HOME AFTER BEING IN VEGAS FOR NINE YEARS!!! And they bought a house down the street from us. It's temporary (they'll use it as a rental home after they build their dream home) but I and my kids are still so excited. They will go to the same school, we are in the same ward, it is just so so so great. Best News Ever, right?

Anyway, we took our kids to Wheeler Farm one day. This is just the beginning of many outings to come, I am sure.



 Rachel decided she wanted long hair, so I got to put my newly trained self to work on her hair extensions. They turned out awesome and she looks amazing.

And just a funny photo of my awesome tan lines. This is from my century ride. My ankles got burned (I forgot to sunscreen them up.... I'm glad I didn't forget my face!) I have been getting SO many comments ever since it has warmed up and I'm wearing shorts and skirts.

Lastly, we have Jonah's soccer team. Andy was his coach and he took all of the boys to a Real Soccer game. The boys got to go on the field and they had a blast. He also took the other two soccer lovers in the family along and they had one awesome night.




Meanwhile, Laylah and Magnus and myself went to Leatherby's with my sister Kaylie and her friend Chris. We had fun too :)

So, that's a wrap for now. Unfortunately, I'm still not caught up, but this will just have to do until next time. Luckily the kids get out of school this week (I am so excited about this), my own homework hasn't been too bad, and neither has Andy's. We reserve Saturday nights for each other because that is the only time we get to be together. It is lovely. We are going to be seeing even less of each other come Monday because he starts his EMT training and that goes through mid-August. The kids have soccer and dance camps in June, but besides that, everything has pretty much finished up. Soccer, piano lessons (off for the summer!), Scouts and Activity Days (minus a couple day camps and activities in the summer), dance, and every other extra-curricular activity is OVER until fall! Very exciting and relieving. 

I love my life, and we are living it.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You are one busy Momma! That is so exciting that Rachel moved back home. My sister moved away last year and I wish they had plans to move back, but not for a few years I'm sure. Try and relax a bit this summer! You are awesome!

Emily H said...

That was a great update! You guys seem to be doing really well and very happy! That's SO exciting that your sister moved right nearby!! Sisters are the BEST!!

Sarah said...

Lisa- I get to relax this summer for approximately 5 days when we go to Lake Powell. I can't wait!

Emily- We ARE doing well, thank you! And yes, sisters ARE the best!