Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of School

Well, the kids are back in school. Hallelujah!! It has been awesome. Laylah started a week ago and is loving first grade. She is in a dual immersion program where half the day she is taught in English, and the other half she is taught in Spanish. She loves it and it keeps her interested all day long. She should be close to fluent by the time she goes into Jr. High school. She loves eating lunch at school, and we switch off doing hot and cold lunch. I miss seeing her cute face at my table at lunch time! It is still pretty weird for me to have her gone all day and that I only get to see her a few hours out of the day now. She is growing up so much!See you after school mom!



Jonah started school today. The kindergartners always start a week after the rest of the school because they have testing and get to meet their teacher the first week. When I asked him how his first day of school was today when I picked him up he said "It was fun. I liked recess. But school was kind of boring." Uh-oh.... I hope kindergarten gets fun and fast! I think he'll like it once it gets going. He was most excited about his new backpack.



Daphne is starting a joy school type pre-school that I am doing with four other moms in my neighborhood. She'll be starting next week, and she can't wait! Neither can I ;)

4 comments:

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

AAAAHHHHH you have two kids in school, that seems crazy! I love all the school shots I can almost smell the crayons just looking at them. Brings back memories of good old Silver Mesa ha ha ha! And the watch that you sister made is seriously so stinking cute, she is very talented!

Corrine said...

I love these days! I just love the kids in school. Does that make me a bad mom???

dave&abby johnson family said...

I can't believe how grown up your kids are! You have a first grader!!! Crazy! Well, they are adorable and you are a darling mommy!!

Becca and Brian said...

How cute, they look so happy to start school and see their friends.