Monday, August 31, 2009

Sister

I just had to show this cute watch my amazing, talented, creative, thoughtful sister, Rachel, made for me. She was up in Utah a lot this summer, and we had so much fun together. I love her so much and all of the great things she does for me. Her sister-in-law taught her how to make these watches, and she knew I wanted one, so she made me one too! I LOVE it!I'm so grateful for such a wonderful sister. With all the things I've had going on lately, I've been a bit stressed out. When she was headed home a little over a week ago, she volunteered to take one of my kids with her just to lighten my load. Since Laylah and Jonah were starting school, it had to be Daphne, because Baron is a pill, and I wouldn't do that to her ;) Andy and I were going to be going to Vegas a week later, for one of his cousins weddings, so it worked out perfect since we could just bring Daphne home then.
I also have a mini clientele there in Vegas (again, thanks to Rachel and her great networking skills!) so I had a bunch of appointments set up to do hair, and we turned Rachel's house into Rachel's House of Beauty. My best friend Cristan (who does nails and gel toes) came along with me because a bunch of Rachel's friends wanted gel toes done also. So basically, she let us take over her house all day long while Cris and I beautified people. She is amazing. I love her so much and I'm so grateful to have the best big sister in the world. Thanks Rach, you're the greatest!!My cute sis
We had such a fun time in Vegas this past weekend hanging out, eating out, playing (and working!) and also going to Rachelle's (Andy's cousin's) wedding. I've said it before, but I love Andy's family. It was good to see everyone again and the wedding was beautiful. We had a great time in Vegas! Now it's back to the daily grind...

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

Make me cry, why dontcha! It was fun to have Daphne here, she did great!. Can't wait to see you guys in October!

SamandJasonfamily said...

Love this picture of you and Andy! You guys are so cute!

Karen said...

Well how sweet. I guess I got a watch too because I'm her second favorite sister. :) She is the best huh?