Thursday, August 13, 2009

Peace


Wow, what a week. As usual, my family and I have had a busy, fun, and crazy one. We've had family in town that we only get to see about once a year, so we've been busy running around to different places and just getting to play, play, play. I'll post more about our fun later though. Some other things have been going on as well that I haven't been so inclined to share, and after last night I want to because I love sharing my testimony.

A few months ago I started having a few more health difficulties (I won't say problems, because we really don't know what it is yet). I won't go into detail, but it has been "womanly" problems. I have had ultrasounds, biopsies, and exams done. My doctor still doesn't know what is wrong with me. About a week ago I went in to see him again, and he decided to have a bit more blood work done in some areas he normally wouldn't check. Everything came back normal excpet one thing. When he got the results, he decided I should have an MRI done on my head to see if everything is looking normal in my brain. Basically, we're checking to see if any small tumors have grown on my pituitary gland.

When I told Andy this news he kind of joked around at first (that is just his way) and then later we talked about it and I found out how he really feels. He's extremely nervous and worried and assuming the worst. I however, am not. I have always had a feeling of peace whenever I visit the doctor or have tests done, or blood drawn. It's becoming more a of a routine thing for me and I just don't stress about it. I feel like- whatever happens, happens. When it comes to that, we'll deal with it.

Anyway, we were talking about it all day yesterday and I suddenly had the need to visit the temple. It was 6:00 PM, my kids hadn't been fed, I didn't have a baby-sitter, and Andy had an Elder's Quoram meeting. I feel like whenever I've had a temple date planned, the adversary works twice as hard to get me to not go- so when this idea came to me, I got in gear, found a babysitter, made some quick mac-n-cheese, and got ready- Satan didn't have time to make it impossible. Andy called and said he wouldn't be able to make his meeting, and off we went- everything worked out without a hitch. I love when that happens.

We were able to make it to the 8:00 session. I love the temple. I always have. I love the calming, loving, gentle, lifting spirit there. I would live there if I could :) The session was the same as it always is, but I felt peace. All that day my emotions and brain had been working overtime, and within the walls of the temple, all I felt was peace within me. I felt that familiar, warming spirit of the Holy Ghost, that I recieved so long ago, settle within my chest and it was there to stay. It brings tears to my eyes just to think about it again. I love the temple.

I go to get my MRI tomorrow (and any prayers sent my way would be greatly appreciated!), and I don't know how long it will take to get the results. But I know that, whatever the result, I and also my family will be blessed. We have the gospel in our lives. I truly have a calming spirit with me, as well as the love of my Savior.

And we'll be okay.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing Sarah! I'll keep you in my prayers. : )

Tara said...

Thanks for sharing that. You have a strong testimony and you are such a good example through challenges. I hope that all goes well tomorrow. I will be thinking about you and keep you in my prayers.

Rachel H said...

You make me cry. Our prayers are ALWAYS with you.

Ashlie said...

Wow! You are such a strong and amazing person. I will pray for you. I hope everything goes well.

Julie Ethington said...

I'll be praying for you. I hope that all goes well!

amberkei said...

I'm glad you were able to make it to the temple...even that's a miracle most of the time! Praying for you!

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing that experience. You are in my thoughts and prayers also.

Tara and David said...

Our prayers are with you! ****** with a little sprinkle of fairy dust******* Love ya!

SamandJasonfamily said...

Oh Sarah, We will be praying for you too. We have been camping so this is the first time I'm able to read your blog. You are such an inspiration to me. If I had to describe you with only 1 word it would be STRONG! Love you! Sam

Amy said...

I hope all went well. I am so sorry to hear all of this, especially since we just saw you and knew nothing of this all. Good luck, our prayers are with you too!

Becca and Brian said...

How did the MRI go. I need to call you so we can chat. I hope everythig is going well.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

We will have you in our prayers for sure, I hope everything turns out ok!