Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lovely Laylah

One of the things on my long list of "to-do's" over the busy weekend, before heading out to Utah, was getting Laylah's baptism pictures done so I could send out invitations.

We had to keep re-scheduling because of the rain. As it was, we ended up compromising one night after a huge lightning storm and we had about 30 minutes to get these shots before it got too dark. I had wanted to go to a pond for the pictures, but we eneded up doing it in my photographer's front yard because of a time (more of a "daylight") crunch. As you can see, Emily Horrocks Photography pulled it off, as always. She never gives herself enough credit (she just does it for fun) but I absolutely love these! She captured Laylah to perfection. And they are beautiful. Thank you so much Emily, you are the best!


The invitations turned out fabulously. I used Natty Sue Designs and she was wonderful to work with. I love the photos, as well as the final product. I'm so happy to have these memories of my little 8-year-old beauty captured forever.














3 comments:

Mrs.Spy said...

Oh my goodness, these pictures totally made me tear up. I can't believe Layla has grown up so much- what a sweet girl.

I'm sorry I didn't get to see you when you were in town, we were vacationing and in the fe days we were home, I was so tired.

Congrats to Darling Layla. what a good girl with wonderful parents.

Emily said...

I love how the invites turned out! It was a fun night and I'm just relieved you were happy! :)

Drea said...

BEAUTIFUL!!