Monday, November 21, 2011

Halloween and Stuff

I love Halloween. I love this time of year and all the delicious sights, tastes, and smells that come along with it. We had a fun Halloween this year with a ward trunk or treat, Halloween parties and dressing up at school, and of course.... Halloween Day!

We had some Mummy Dogs for dinner. The kids loved them and ate super fast so they could get out and gather up the goods.

Here we have the lovely Taylor Swift:


And a Beautiful Bride:



We have the sherriff around here, Woody:


We forgot his badge in the first picture. Also, his gun, but he cried if I even tried to get the holster around his waist. I take what I can get.



And of course, the Super Mario Brothers, Mario and Luigi:

Funny story: Bear actually wanted to be Luigi, but they didn't have his size at the store. When I brought home Mario for him and Luigi for Jonah, Bear was a little sad. Jonah said, "Bear, it's okay! I'm taller and skinnier, and you're short and you look more like Mario anyway."
So that made Bear happy, because whatever Jonah says to Bear he believes :)

Oh, and of course we can't forget Sadie the Lady in her lovely leaopard print cocktail dress. I know, it's a little short. I need to have a chat with her about using Halloween as an excuse to dress like a hooker:


At this point the kids were like, "Um, enough mom, can we go trick-or-treating yet?!"


They rang out doorbell as soon as I shut the door after they left. You know, to trick-or-treat. I told them to get lost :)


We have the most perfect neighborhood to go trick-or-treating. We are one of the very few neighborhoods in Fredericksburg that has sidewalks. Plus, there are tons of kids in our neighborhood. I love it. It was so fun to have the doorbell ringing all night and see huge groups of kids tromping up and down the streets. The kids joined up with a big group and Andy took them around for a couple hours.


Magnus hung out with me all night and got super excited every time the doorbell rang. He would crawl as fast as he could to the front door and after I would open it, he would sit at the edge of the step and just sit and wave to all of the kids trick-or-treating. It was adorable.


The kids came home and immedietly checked out their loot.


It was a fun night!



Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

amberkei said...

I love the brotherly love going on. Trent & Ty play so great together and Tyler will just soak up whatever Trent says too. Awesome!

Dave and Kristin Dirkmaat said...

Cute!!! I love the Taylor Swift because it is my life in a few years! hahaha

Ashlie said...

I love the costumes!