Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas is Here....Finally

Laylah and her cute dance teacher Marnie after the performance


Laylah and Mckenzie- they take at the same dance studio

This was one of the kids favorite trees... they love the Grinch


Waiting for our food...

Daphne was so funny... she kept feeding Baron her dinner whenever he fussed. She just kept stuffing pizza in his mouth until he choked and we had to tell her to stop

All bundled up!

Warming up in the visitors center

The nativity is behind them if you look close...Jo and Daph were mad because I made them get their picture taken

Our fam in front of the Reflection Pool... the person who took the picture didn't get any lights in it, darn it

A successful night... everone fell asleep on the way home :)


We are finally celebrating Christmas in our family! Thanksgiving was a ton of fun. We went to my mom's this year and my whole family except my sister that lives in Vegas was there (we missed you Rach!) It was delicious and everyone ate a ton. My sister Kaylie slept over that night so Andy and I could go shopping on Black Friday. It was great! We got everything we wanted and I think we would do it again because we had a great experience. It was fun to do it together. Then I was lazy for awhile and we saw neighbors slowly putting up their Christmas decor, but we didn't. I'm so fatigued lately and by about 6:00 I am ready for bed. I lay on the couch and Andy takes care of everything in the evening (what a wonderful husband I have :) Anyway, Laylah had her first dance performance of the year at the Festival of Trees and we decided to make it our annual Family Christmas Outing. So we went to her performance on Friday afternoon and afterwards we walked around the festival. The kids were sick of it after about an hour because there are so many fun things there to LOOK at, but you can't touch any of it! They got tired of me and Andy saying "No! Don't touch! Come back to the stroller!" So we went to dinner at the Olive Garden and then headed downtown to go to Temple Square and look at the lights. It was actually really funny because while we were there I was telling the kids that this is where mine and Andy's first date was. Andy and I started figuring it out and it turns out that it was our first date that same night exactly 7 years ago! Weird, huh? He said "If I would have told you on our date that in exactly 7 years we would be here, married with 4 kids, you would have run away screaming" I told him he was right, I would have :) It was fun because it wasn't too cold. The only thing was, there was no parking anywhere and we drove around FOREVER trying to find somewhere to park. It was a nightmare. But-the night turned out to be so much fun. I love my family so much and I love this time of year. I love Christmas. Now, tomorrow for FHE we are going to decorate our house finally...Andy promised- and I have everyone reading this as a witness! Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

Tara and David said...

I am so excited for Christmas, I hope that Dave will have some time free so we can you see temple square. I love the lights there. But who knows with this season and Daves work!

Brian and Becca said...

Cute pics, I still need to go to the temple to see lights. Laylah did great at her performance.

The A.Wahls said...

Decorating for Christmas is one of my favorite days of the year...decorating for any holiday is really fun for me. We just love having things to get excited about! BTW - I love the Festival of Trees...and the Forgotten Carols...and temple square...so many things I miss about Utah!