Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Time

Pirate Boy

Yes, that is Daphne tackling Jonah :)



Laylah's dance recital- she is the second to the end on the left (yes, I know my camera is horrid with dark pictures- anyone want to buy me a new one? :)


The girls posing before the recital (don't you love Daphne's dress up skirt? It is so old, my mother-in-law made it for Laylah when she was 2!)

After the recital- Laylah did so good! Maybe someday I will learn how to put video on here and be able to show her performance


Our ward Christmas party- all the primary kids did the nativity- the girls were angels and the boys were shepherds and wise men. It was so cute and funny
All the kids seeing Santa and telling him what they want for Christmas. Andy told Santa for Baron... he told him that all Bear wanted was food :)




Well, only a week to go! I can't believe it, why does it go by so fast when your having fun? I look forward to this holiday all year and then it's over in a busy, flurry, crazy flash. I'm actually all ready... except for mailing out my Christmas cards, wrapping all the presents, taking around my neighbor gifts, finishing painting a gift we're giving the girls.... okay, so maybe I'm not ready :) We've had such a fun holiday season, going to Christmas parties, seeing Santa, making our Santa letters, eating candy out of the advent calender, playing in the snow, going to holiday dance recitals, and on it goes. Here are the main things the kids are asking for this Christmas: Laylah would never give me a straight answer about what she wanted and my mom told me that Laylah had told her she wanted an easy-bake oven, so I got her that. And now for the past week she has gone on and on about a hannah montana camera that she saw and wants. So I researched them and it turns out they are horrible, the pixels are so small that you can barely tell what the photo is of and so I didn't want to get her that. I'm trying to steer her toward the oven and get her excited about it without actually telling her that's what she's getting. Jonah has been asking for a pirate ship for 2 years now. When he first started asking for it, it was really expensive, but they have gone down in price a lot, plus I found it on sale, so that's what he is getting. And all Daphne asks for is Barbie and the Diamond Castle movie and Liana and Alexa barbie dolls (from the movie, FYI :) I found these barbies at Wal-mart on Black friday for $5 each. I couldn't believe it! They usually go for $25 each. They sing and their outfit changes by itself and a bunch of other stuff. She probably tells me about 5 times a day what she wants for Christmas. So, those are the main things the kids wanted and I am so excited for Christmas. I love being a mom and seeing my kids happiness. It is truly the best feeling and Christmas is a million times more fun now as an adult with children than it was when I was a child because of my kids. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the past couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

I love the pics. Looks like you had a blast in the snow. I always think Im ready for Christmas but then when I think about what else needs to be done, I remember there is really a lot to do to prepare but it is so fun and worth it.

Tara and David said...

My kids had so much fun in the snow too, I will post pictures later. I will be home on sunday, so that would be perfect! Can't wait to see you.

amberkei said...

I love it! Yeah, I agree that Christmas comes so fast. I'm sure Trent can hardly wait, because I never coule as a kid, but I just want to play with him and have all the magic of Christmas still around for a few more weeks. Laylah is a ham! She looks great and like she loved it! Hope your list continues to get smaller, but you sound like you're having so much fun!

Tara said...

You have been busy too! We are getting lots of Diamond Castle stuff at our house. I love Laylah's costume. It is so cute.

Tommy and Teisha said...

Wow-- obviously Christmas time is so much crazier with kids. Looks like they're enjoying the snow.