Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What About Roxy?

In case you didn't know, we had another dog before Sadie named Roxy. She was hit by a car a couple years ago and we were all so sad. My dad buried her in our backyard for me (Andy was out of town at the time) and we had a special FHE about resurrection to help the kids understand death and to help them feel better about everything. Anyway....


A couple days ago Laylah asked me what we were going to do about Roxy when we moved. I asked her what she meant and she said "Well, aren't we going to dig her up to bring her with us when we move so she'll be with us when she's resurrected?"

Ummmmmmm, no.

9 comments:

Sharon and John said...

LOL, how funny! I can't even imagine driving cross country with that. Good luck with that one!

Rachel H said...

That's awesome. I think you should do it. She can hold her.

Mrs.Spy said...

I hope that when we're all resurrected we don't all end up in Virginia. LOL.

Corrine said...

Hahaha, that is very cute. I love the innocence of kids.

The Jubbs said...

Oh, that's kind of sad! But funny. Tell Laylah that we'll go pick her up after the resurrection and make sure she gets back to you guys :)

amberkei said...

So cute! Smart little girl!

Becca and Brian said...

Ohhh thats so cute! today when Daphne was over she kept saying how she misses Roxi so much! I can't believe they still thinkg about her!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Are you sure you might really want a dug up dog to take with ya (ha ha ha!) It will keep your drive even more interesting! Don't you just love kids, and yours are especially cute!

Britt said...

That is hilarious!

I hope your kids are all feeling better now...or will be soon anyway!

Hope the moving goes smoothly!