Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dear January, Where Have You Gone?

I know people usually hate January because the holidays are over and all that's left is a whole lot of nothing, except for the yucky cold.

My January has been anything but slow. In fact, I've barely had time to blog, which is why I'm sitting here blogging from my phone while I sit on the toilet.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" you say. Before you picture me doing some private business, I'll let you know that I'm sitting on the toilet with the lid closed while I watch M play in the bath. He's making quite the splashy mess, but don't worry about me. I have a towel over my head.

Anywho. Back to January. It's been busy and it has included the following:

-basketball practices and games for Jonah
-Girl Scout meetings and activities for both of the girls
-Daphne's 6th birthday
-My mom coming to visit (mom, come back!)
-Lots of primary calling stuff (I'm the primary secretary. It's exhausting)
-Doctor appts for sickies (I'm sure everyone's January includes that)
-Daphne's mermaid birthday party (which was today. I am Wiped. Out. Speaking of Wipeout, that show is on right now. I can hear my other kids downstairs laughing hysterically)

And it's not over yet. Monday morning, bright and early, we'll be heading to the hospital for a couple of surgeries. Jonah is getting his tonsils and adenoids taken out, while Magnus is having tubes put in his ears. In fact, I still need to go to the store tonight to stock up on provisions for next week while we're stuck at home. Gatorade, popsicles, jell-o, ice cream, and the like.

Crazy, busy month. I'm glad it's over soon. How's your January been?

Speaking of Magnus, he's eating soap. Silly kid. I better go! Check ya later...

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

I love reading your posts...you make me laugh:o)