Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Treat For FHE

It was my turn to choose our treat for Family Home Evening last night. I decided to make chocolate covered honeycomb candy because I just saw it on my friend Miranda's blog (onelittleminuteblog.com), and it looked really yummy, and super easy.

Well, it's easy if you do it right. I burned the first batch in a major way. It was yuck and my whole house smelled. I'm so glad it's warm enough to open the windows so I could air out my kitchen. Luckily, I had it in me to give it another go, and the second batch turned out much better. I only had a bite, but I thought it was really yummy.

Here's the recipe:
3/4 C sugar (I used brown)
2 TBS water
2 TBS honey
1 1/2 tsp baking soda

Simmer first 3 ingredients on med/high heat for about 4 minutes, without stirring. When it looks caramelly, quickly stir in the baking soda. Have some parchment paper ready to pour the hot candy onto. Pour it out and let it set-up. After it's hard, break it into pieces. It's yummy plain, but if you want a little something more, melt some chocolate chips in a bowl and dip the honeycomb into it. Yum!

Buuuuuuurned!
 
Now, that's better

No comments: