Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I Want To Shop All Day Long

I wanted to post an update on my healthier happier me series. I feel kind of awkward posting this info about myself, and talking about how awesome I think I am doing, but I know I would regret it if I didn't keep track of my thoughts during this whole process. So, onward I suppose.
 
I have noticed a lot of interesting things during this whole healthy/weight loss journey. My feet have shrunk. When I was first married, my feet were a size 8 or 8 1/2. Then the babies started coming and my feet grew... I started wearing a 9, even a 9 1/2 in some brands. I know that is possible during pregnancy, but what I didn't know is that your feet can shrink...? Well, anyway, mine have. I am back to an 8. I can even wear a 7 1/2 with some brands. So weird.
 
I cleaned out my closet the other day. I got rid of all of my clothes that were too big. It left a lot of empty hangers. That's okay, I'm sure I can fill them back up in no time ;) Actually though, I want to wait a bit. Even though most of my pants fall right off of my hips when I put them on, and I have to use a belt all of the time, I am going to wait until I have lost all the weight I want to, and then go shopping. I have had to get a few things, because I really can't wear some of my old stuff, it's just too big and looks ridiculous.
 
I also got rid of some stuff that actually fits (that I saved from my thinner days) but that is totally out of style now and that I would never wear because my clothing style has evolved and it's just not "me" anymore! It made me laugh as I tried on some older clothes that I used to love, but that I could never see myself wearing anymore.
 
So, here I am, down 37 pounds:
I have 13 more to go to get to the weight I was when I got married nearly 11 years ago. I'm certain I will never be able to quite get rid of my "baby belly" where all 5 of my darlings lived for approximately 9 months, and stretched my body to unbelievable proportions, but that's okay. I like to think of my saggy belly and stretch marked skin (that more closely resembles a road map) a mark of honor, that I have had the privelege of bringing forth these beautiful little souls into the world. I am honored to bear the marks of sacrifice and giving, because it is worth it. All the weight loss and weight gains, hard work and sacrifice for my babies has been worth it, and I will try my best to always think of it as such.
 
Anyway, I'll continue on, because I've almost made it! I have a feeling the last 10 will be quite a challenge, so I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

Brooke and Jason said...

you look great!

Ashlie said...

You look fantastic!!

Sarah said...

Thank you ladies! So kind :)