Sunday, May 5, 2013

Thirty-Three Birthdays Come And Gone

Andy turned 33 a couple weeks ago. He is not a huge fan of his birthday. At least, he says he isn't. I can never tell if he is telling the truth about that or not....
 
But, I love birthdays, so I try to do enough without going too over the top because then he complains that I did too much. Anyway.
 
The kids woke him up with a Happy Birthday song. Magnus had crept into bed with Andy while I was making breakfast, so he was snuggling when the kids came in to sing. He got super excited while they were singing, had a huge grin on his face, and after they finished, he yelled, "It's my birthday?!?" So funny.
 
The kids made him this awesome poster. I made him an awesome breakfast. It was his favorite, waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, bacon, orange juice, and chocolate milk.
 We had a very laid back, relaxing day. Andy's birthday fell on a Friday, so while the 4 older kids were at school, we went to lunch. We got his birthday present (New sunglasses. He never lets me get him anything cool. That's why Santa always goes so over the top ;) and later that day, he took an uninterrupted nap, which he claims was one of the best parts of the day.
 
I made him his favorite dinner of pot roast, potatoes, carrots, gravy, rolls, and spinach casserole with raspberry lemonade. Afterwards, we had his favorite cake that his mom used to make him for every birthday.... lemon jello cake.
I hope it was a good day for him. He wanted to go to a movie after the kids went to bed, but he was tired (Really? How? He got to take a nap that day!) so we rented one instead.
 
I felt like I wanted to do a little surprise for him, so I had planned a get together with some of our friends. I also wanted to be able to celebrate with the kids on his actual birthday, so I planned it for the next evening. I casually suggested we go to Outback for dinner (which is his favorite) because we hadn't really done anything very exciting on his birthday. So, we went to a late dinner (I had everyone meeting there at 7:30) and he was really surprised to see 10 of our friends there waiting for us! It was a very fun dinner, and afterwards we went bowling which was hilarious. I have not laughed so much in a very long time. The only bad part of the evening is that I was having too much fun to even think about taking a single picture. Oh well, it will have to last in our memories :)
 
Happy Birthday, Stud. I sure love you a lot.

No comments: