Saturday, August 16, 2014

Denial With a Side of Catch-Up

 Ummmm, school starts in 5 days. FIVE DAYS, people! I am in denial. I do not want school to start, either mine or the kids. On a brighter note, I only have a week left of my totally boring and dreaded CNA class. Yay!

This hodge podge of photos are from the summer. The last time I blogged about regular, everyday kind of "stuff" was back in June, just after school got out. And now school is starting again. How? And more importantly, why? Sometimes I think I should just suck it up and home-school my children. And then I remember that I'm kind of lazy. Oh, and that they are already smarter than I am. It's a problem.

Anywho.... pictures! From summer! I have pictures here from right after school got out until right before Pioneer Day. Join me, will you?

That time came. Andy was no longer considered "handicapped' seeing as how he was 6 months post-op. I miss this little guy though.

Also! No photos, but my girls went to St. George with all the girl cousins and my parents. They had a blast. They swam, and went to Little Mermaid at Tuacahn, they played, they went out to eat, they basically had the time of their lives.


And now I give you.... the Cleaning of the Fridge. So many tupperware containers.

And Father's Day! It happened. It was awesome. Andy and I both have totally amazing dads whom we love dearly. I  am grateful that Andy is an involved and active dad with our own kids. I like Father's Day. Dads rock.
 Father's Day brunch was breakfast burritos with eggs, fried potatoes, sausage, cheese, salsa, and bacon plus oj, berries, and scones.

This funny gift was from Laylah. Haha.

Girl's nights! With ice cream! And movies! The best.

Late night grocery runs. I literally do everything at night now. Everything that I normally used to do in the day? It gets done around midnight. Laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, showering.... yeah. If I don't do it when my kids are in bed, it usually doesn't get done.

Andy and I celebrated our 12 year anniversary. This definitely deserves a post of its own. Maybe it will get one before our 13th anniversary. Who really knows? All I can say is, we have ups and downs and we still love each other. And we still like looking at each other, too. Mostly naked, but hey.... I even like him with clothes on.

Okay, I tried editing this photo but when I uploaded it it didn't work. I stole it off my brother-in-law's FB page. It is Andy's ENTIRE family (even his brother's fiance who wasn't even his fiance at the time!) His little bro got home from his mission and this was the day of his homecoming talk. It was a fun weekend celebrating with Andy's family. 

Jonah is now in WeBeLos! He was able to go to a 2 day scout camp and he had a blast. And hey, it only took me TWO years to get his patches onto his shirt. But they are there (and I didn't even do it. My MIL did. Because Jonah whined to her that I still hadn't done it in TWO years. Yeah.)

This is me with 2 of my favorite Young Women at Youth Conference. And a silly kid who jumped in the photo at last minute. Youth Conference was a blast this year. 

Just some stuff I did at work. I seriously love my job. Of course I have my days, but most of the time I just love going there and being there. I love doing hair.

This cute little lady had been saving up her money for about 18 months to buy an ipod5. The day finally came and we found a used one on KSL classifieds. It was even a PINK one and she was SO excited! She paid $185 for it and has not regretted her decision once. We have even had to take it away a few times. She sure loves that thing!

Um, I don't even know. The extremes I go to to get a free meal....  totally worth it. It was a fun night with my kiddos ( and a nephew... for those of you that noticed there were 6 kids, not 5 ;)

One night after I got home from work really late (and Andy was just leaving to go to work), I decided I really wanted some sushi. But I didn't want to go by myself. So I took these two on a date and we got some. It was delicious and they loved their first sushi experience. Phew! Good thing they like it or I might have had to get rid of them.

Just some more fun hair. Seriously, I love my job :)

And last we have Girl's Camp. The theme was "Anchored" and this is our whole group that went. I still miss my Young Women very much. They brought over some flowers and the sweetest note that all of them had signed and written a little message on. It made me tear up a bit. I am so glad I had the chance to go to camp one more time with them all. What an amazing group of gals.

Whew! And there is half of summer. See how boring our summer has been? I mean, pictures of my dirty kitchen sink, work stuff, and food? Whoop dee doo. Because of this, I am taking my kids on a quick weekend getaway tomorrow. In fact, I am supposed to be doing some stuff to get ready (we leave in approximately 6 hours and I have yet to pack or go to the grocery store to get food.... But I am waiting for laundry to dry, so I figured I'd blog instead...? I make a lot of sense when I am tired, obviously ;) My sister Rachel invited us to their cabin in Bear Lake. The main goal is to R-E-L-A-X. I think I can do that. 

Catch you on the flip side.

2 comments:

Emily H said...

Summer sure flew by, huh!? My kids started school, too. Looks like you guys had a pretty good one!! :)

amberkei said...

Sarah! You make me want to be a better mom and wife. I just love you and how much you're willing to share. Thank you! I take Trent out for sushi because he likes it too. It's great! And I love how you are having to do everything at night - but you're still doing it. You're absolutely amazing! Just love you!