Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Normal

I realized as I have been blogging to catch up over the last couple of weeks that I haven't really given an update on what's been going on around here lately. So I wanted to just give a quick update on regular life. It is, surprisingly, very normal. It's surprising to me because 6 months ago I couldn't remember what "normal" was. I thought my life would never be the same again. I mean, sure--I still get lots of questions from friends and strangers alike on how Magnus is doing. But I am happy that I can report he is doing amazingly well. He still has appointments occasionally, and evaluations for various things... But overall things are good at our house. And I hope they stay that way forever.

 I hope I can finish the semester just being stressed because it's hard, not because I'm dealing with a child who has relapsed with cancer. I hope I can take Laylah to her 7th grade registration for jr. high because I made the time instead of passing it off to someone because I'm in the hospital with M for another procedure. I hope I can watch Jonah and Daphne's soccer games all spring and not be worried that my baby is okay without me. I hope I can go to Baron's spring program without having the anxiety of wondering how M is doing. 

Because Magnus scans next month and when I don't think about it, I'm okay. But when I do, I realize just how sick it makes me feel. And I wonder how I'm going to do this for the rest of my life. Because right now I love our normal. I love studying for my crazy, hard classes. I love both of my jobs. I love the fact that I get to still be so involved in my children's lives despite all that I have going on. I am so glad that my husband loves his job. I love our "normal". I sure hope we get to stay normal forever.

1 comment:

amberkei said...

This picture is just so sweet. I love that things are "normal" for you all right now. Hope Disneyland was fun! :)