Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Becca!

My gal Becca had a birthday last week. I was trying to do this on her birthday, but if you know me at all, you know I am late everywhere I go and with everything I do. You either accept me for it, or hate me for it. Becca has learned to accept me and love me for it. I wanted to do a post on her because she is one of my very dearest, most supportive, knows everything about me, friends.

Becca and I met in jr. high at Skyline Highschool cheer tryouts. She had just moved to SLC from Arizona and we did not become instant friends. We both made the cheer squad and for the first few months we did NOT get along. We both thought the other annoying and bratty. Isn't it funny how that always turns into the best friendships? We got stuck together on second lunch while all of our other friends had first lunch. We were forced into friendship and have been inseperable ever since.

Becca and I have been through so much together. 4 years of cheer tryouts, competitions, camps, etc. boyfriends, vacations, graduations, dances, parties, groundings, getting in trouble, crazy friends, breakups, blind dates, and finally marriage, kids, and families. She has truly ALWAYS been there for me, and I would hope she'd say the same of me. I can rely upon her for anything, I can call her for anything, and I can tell her anything. When I need a break, I can call her and have her watch my kids, and she does the same of me. She's been a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. She is a one of a kind friend.

Since we've gotten married and had kids, our friendship has only grown. We do everything together. When our kids were smaller, we had weekly activites (different for summer and winter) and we saw each other nearly every day. We are the kind of friends that go grocery shopping and clothes shopping together. Since our kids have gotten older and are now in school, we don't get to do as many fun things, but we still see each other almost every day at the gym at 5 in the morning.

Becca's husband Brian is going to be a dentist, so next year she'll be moving away. It will be so hard not living so close. I know I will cry my eyes out when my friend leaves. It will be a long four years. Hopefully they'll come back to Utah, but who knows? All I know is, I have a forever friend. I love you Becca!!

P.S. Funny story- I have hundreds of pictures of me and Becca from highschool and after but as I went through to pick out a few to post on here, I realized that none of them were appropriate. We were either in very immodest clothes, or swimsuits, or doing something in the picture that was innappropriate. I hardly have any of us together after we were married and of course, I couldn't find any of those. Wow, we've come a long way Becca.... good for us ;)

1 comment:

Becca and Brian said...

Thanks Sarah! YOu are so sweet to make such a nice post about me! I will definatly be back after dental school besides Brian hasn't been excepted yet so we may not be going any way (but I sure hope we do!) I can't believe we dont have any appropriate pictures of us! Well, we be better start taking some good pics of us now that we are dressed mommy style!