Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Tale of the Pink Fuzzy Blankie

When Daphne was born, she recieved many blankets. As always, my mom and also my mother-in-law made her one, as they have with all of my kids. These two blankets always end up being the 2 favorite blankets that all of my kids have to sleep with every night and be with all day at home. Until Daphne...Meet: Pink Fuzzy Blankie. Daphne recieved this blanket as a gift from my husband's sister's husband's mother (haha, you got that?) AKA my sister-in-law's mother-in-law. It was super nice of her. Because of it's silky edges and super softness, Daphne fell in love quickly. It is now the great love of her life. She has to sleep with it every night. I only need to threaten to take it away and she will do anything. Really, anything to keep it from being taken away.
As winter has begun to make an appearance and as the days grow colder, I will peek in the girls' room at night and see her curled up into a tiny ball so she can fit under the blanket (good thing she's so small) Sometimes I will cover her with her other blankets, but when I peek in later, they are all shoved down to the bottom of her bed, and only Pink Fuzzy Blanket remains.

I ask her why she won't allow other blankets to cover her and she says "because mom, I just want Pink Fuzzy Blanket. I love it." Oh, right, of course.
That explains everything. Straight from a 3 year old.


4 comments:

SamandJasonfamily said...

How sweet. It's funny how we as adults have our comfort items too. For me a warm plate of chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk is all I need to feel cozy.

SamandJasonfamily said...

How sweet. It's funny how we as adults have our comfort items too. For me a warm plate of chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk is all I need to feel cozy.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

That is so funny, Lydia has the exact same blankie. She has one in pink and one in cream (it makes washing them alot easier!) Gotta love the baby blankets!

Corrine said...

hahahaha, that is the funniest thing, all of my kids have been attached to the weirdest blankets also. Bella sleeps with this bear blanket that is not even big enough to cover her skinny little body. She has to find one particular corner and hold that to go to sleep. Go figure!!! I love having something I can threaten the kids with in order to get them to obey. Aren't we evil!!!!