Friday, October 2, 2009

A Bear.... Riding a Horse

I was taking Laylah to her riding lesson (and of course, all of my kids were in the car) and Kaylie and I were talking about new things for her to learn.
Kaylie said "How about we ride bareback today Laylah? It helps your legs become really strong."
And I said "Oh, that's a good idea, you've never ridden bareback, it helps your balance also and you'll become a better rider."
Jonah pipes up and says "Who's horse is Bareback?"
I start laughing and say "Bareback isn't a horse Jo, it's when you ride a horse without a saddle. It's called bareback because their back is bare- like, there is nothing on it."
Jo is quiet for a minute and then says "Oh, okay, so it means a bear will ride the horse's back."
He's such a smart aleck...... but he's pretty funny too. :)

P.S. I love my sister Kaylie. She is so wonderful for giving Laylah riding lessons. Thanks Kaylie, we sure do love you. :)

4 comments:

Chris and Amy Darton said...

haha your kids say the funniest things all the time, I love it!

SamandJasonfamily said...

Riding lessons! That is so cool and not the usual dance or soccer. How is she doing? Cute picture too.

Emily said...

Hey Sarah! It's fun to hear from you and see your cute little (big) brood! Blogs are awesome that way. I'm excited to be able to keep in touch now! I love this bareback story, so cute. My 3 month old boy is sleeping and my almost 3 year old girl is turning into a living prune in the tub, I'd better get back to that!

Anonymous said...

lovely, i just added tons of new emo backgrounds to my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info