Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween and Other Spooky Activites!

Well, Halloween at our house this year was kind of a bust. Since Andy and I were gone, we missed a few of our regular Halloween activities. We did manage to squeeze in a few though! And Nate and Annette were kind enough to take some pics of some of the stuff we did miss.
These are from halloween night right before trick-or-treating. Laylah is a Vamipress (not a vampire- she was very clear on that ;), Jonah is a red crayon (And Andy's mom made this costume for Andy when he was in kindergarten- I am going to track down a pic of Andy in it and post it one of these days!) Baron is a horse (all my kids were this horse, starting with Laylah when they were 1) and Daphne was .... sick. Sad, huh? That was my worst nightmare as a kid. She got sick Thursday and she just wasn't quite better on Halloween, so Laylah trick-or-treated for her. I felt like I had to tell every door why Laylah had two buckets. I can just imagine them thinking I made my kid carry an extra bucket for me or something! Daph was going to be a witch, but at least she was able to wear her costme once (the pics are at the bottom of the post) at the elementary school carnival.
HALLOWEEN NIGHT



poor sickie
JERMAN HALLOWEEN PARTY
Poor Daph and Andy missed this party

Baron having a fit about putting his costume on

Our little devil dog

Still crying about having to wear a costume (we took it off right after this)

We had a yummy dinner and played fun games!











NATE AND ANNETTE PUMPKIN CARVING PARTY (Andy and I were gone- thanks for the pics Annette)









SCHOOL CARNIVAL
This was a week before Halloween and we made it home just in time for it after our trip to California.


Doesn't Andy look like a freaky weirdo?!









Laylah and Jonah's elementary school did a school carnival instead of classroom parties and school parade this year. I liked the carnival, but I love the school parade and class parties, so I was a little bummed they didn't do them. And it wasn't fun explaining to my kids that they didn't get to do it either. Oh well, they got over it.

We also missed Daphne's preschool Halloween party because she was sick the day they did it. I felt so bad for the girl. She missed every party we went to this year! And Andy's work also does a trick-or-treat day, but we missed that too because we got home from D.C. the day they were doing it and Daph was sick and my mom had my two oldest at her house, and it was just too much going on, so we missed it. Which the kids were really bummed about. They love the trick-or-treat at dad's work. Oh well, they got over that too. They said "We'll do it next year, right mom?" I didn't have the heart to remind them that we won't be here next year, so I just said "sure we will!"

Crazy, Busy, Gone, Sick, Missed, Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Holy moly girl. You have had two weeks of non-stop stuff. Poor Daphne. What a bummer. I hope everybody is feeling better. Your trip to Virginia looks like so much fun. It is gorgeous there. I want to move there too! Well I hope you at least have a little bit of slow time this week. Yeah right!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Oh don't you love Halloween. Your kids all looked darling. Love the crayon costume, that is awesome. Poor Daphne, that is rough.

Melanie said...

That is so sad about Daphne being sick for all of your parties. Poor kid. I love all the costumes!

Becca and Brian said...

Looks like the little ones had lots of festivities! They are so fun to watch! Poor little Daphne I'm glad she is finally feeling better!