Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and The Blackest Friday of the Year

Ahhhh, this Thanksgiving was WAY too much fun. I haven't had a camera for a month and a half (well, I have Andy's work one, but that's only home about half the time and not always accessible. It drives me crazy to not have a camera!!!) so I don't have any pictures of the fun day. We were with Andy's family which is as good as my own. We had an amazing dinner, Andy's parents and his siblings are all wonderfully talented cooks. I think we had 8 pies to choose from as well. MMMMM, so good. Just thinking about it is making me hungry!!

We had so much fun playing games, scoring the ads (I was converted to Black Friday shopping last year..... and now I'm addicted), talking, laughing and just being together. I am so grateful for so many things and blessed with so much. Some of the top of the list are:

-My wonderful hubby and kids who I love love love!
-My parents, siblings and inlaws. They all do so much for me and my family.
-Good doctors.... they are truly few and far between (I should know.... I just noticed I have eleven different doctors phone numbers in my phone.... ELEVEN!!! We see a lot of doctors around here...)
-Good friends that help me out all the time- ladies who listen, help out with my kids and loves them even when they're stinkers, bring me dinners, send me notes of encouragement, are just there when I need them, and best of all, fun girls nights out! I have some lovely ladies in my life.
-My husbands job. They are so good to us and have been so supportive during all of my health issues and have given Andy ANY day off that he has ever requested so he can come to every doctors appointment, big or small.
-Good diets and being able to work out (spinning being at the top of the list).... I started the South Beach diet and have lost 6 pounds in a week! Go me.... I feel great :)
-Spending time with my family. I love to just relax together.
So many things that I love and am grateful for!


Later on Thanksgiving night, my sister-in-laws along with Becca and I, went to the mall which opened at 9 PM to kick-off the holiday shopping season. We had so much fun and it actually wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. We finished there at about 11:15 so we could make it to Toys R Us by midnight, which was when they opened. I only needed a couple of things there, but a bunch of my sisters didn't want to join crazy Becca and I, so they gave us a list of stuff to get. Okay, seriously, Becca is the lady to go shopping with. She is one determined woman, and thanks to her, we got everything on our list, plus some! It was INSANE there but we were only in line for a couple hours (we both had really high heels on and ditched our boots while we were waiting. Me in my white ankle socks and Becca in her pink argyle!) and got out of Toys R Us by 2:30 AM.... just in time to go home, change into warmer, comfier clothes, and head to Target to get a good spot in line, which is where we were getting most of our stuff. Someone was kind enough to take the pic below of us making our game plan (haha!)


We got into Target at 5 AM and we were in and out by 5:45, only missing out on one thing on our list! Can I just say.... we are awesome! Off to K-mart for 1 thing, and then to Wal-mart for another couple of things. Finally..... we finished by about 7:30 and I went home and crashed..... for an hour until my lovely sister woke me with a phone call :) It was seriously so much fun, I got about 90% of my shoppping done, and awesome deals to boot. I love shopping.... especially on Black Friday.

Welcome Christmas!!!

9 comments:

Chris and Amy Darton said...

WOW is all I have to say! I LOVE Black Friday- this year is the first I havent gone out at 3 am in as long as I can rememeber- but have never gone that far out and been to all the stores, you guys are troopers! :) Hope you got all you wanted, now enjoy the time til Christmas, relaxing!

Lisa said...

I'm jealous that you got to Toys R Us at midnight. I really wanted to get one of those Leapsters, but I just wasn't about to go out that late. I got there at 11 and of course, they were gone. Maybe next year!

Sarah said...

You should have told me Lisa, I would have gotten one for you! :)I bought 2 of them for other people...

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Hey I'm calling you next year with my Black friday list (ha ha ha!) That is awesome you found everything, we were the not so early bird shoppers and got a portion of what we wanted (ha ha ha!)

dave&abby johnson family said...

Holy cow woman! You are CRAZY!!!!! I am seriously impressed!!!!

dave&abby johnson family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca and Brian said...

I had a blast. We need to do it next year! We will have to figure it our some how living 8 hours away!

amberkei said...

Super woman!! Sounds like a lot of fun! It's always so great when you can see the end of the tunnel for Christmas shopping. Hooray!!

Tara said...

I am soooo jealous. I love going and cutting down trees, but I always feel like I missed out when I hear about the Black Friday shopping.