Sunday, December 6, 2009

Finally.... Christmastime!

Christmastime is here! And I am loving it. I am so happy it snowed yesterday. The past week we've been getting ready! My mom and sister and I do homemade toffee for neighbor/teacher/visiting teaching/whatever we need it for gifts and we spent a whole morning and afternoon making it one day. It was fun and we got 18 batches done in about 6 hours. Thanks mom for letting us destroy your kitchen!



Also, last week for FHE we (as in me and my kids, Rachel and her kids, and Becca and her kids- all of our hubbies were unable to make it) wrote letters to Santa, went to the special mailbox to mail them to him, and also went to see Santa at the mall. We had so much fun, but it was a little crazy with 8 little kids and 3 tired mommas. I can't believe how ridiculous the "rules" are this year. You can't take a picture of your kids with Santa- you have to buy the packages they offer. Rach started taking pictures outside of the entrance and a worker came and blocked her saying "Did you see the sign? No pictures" Stupid mall- I'll definately be calling to complain because that is ridiculous.


And lastly, we have our tree!- we haven't decorated it yet, but we have it. And it smells glorious! Andy got home yesterday and we did our annual holiday family trek to find our tree, had cookies and hot chocolate when we got home, made our paper chain (I can't believe there's only 19 days until Christmas!!), and filled our advent calender with candy. We couldn't do any of this before because all of our Christmas stuff was in our shed, and I don't dare venture in there. Andy has to get it all out. We're saving the tree decorating for FHE on Monday, and then we'll officially be ready to go!

P.S. I didn't get any pictures of the night because of my "no camera" situation. I'm telling ya- if Santa doesn't bring me a camera for Christmas, he's going to be in BIG trouble!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have been looking for a really good toffee recipe for years! Everyone I try just doesn't cut it. Would you please, please, please, send me your recipe?

Amy said...

I hope your husband's work buddies make it on that list for some of that yummy toffee! Hint, hint! and no pics with Santa, that is depressing and annoying! Who pays for those dumb packages anyway?!