Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sick of Sick

Dear Winter Sicknesses....

Please please please, I am begging you to please just go away and leave my poor babies in peace. I know you took up residence here around Halloween and you've decided that our home is a great place for you to reside, but you have definately worn out your welcome (not that you were ever welcome in the first place). I am sick of the coughing, the hacking, the weezing, the puking, the snot rags (lying everywhere!), the runny noses, the bright green boogers peeking out of my darling children's noses- making them, decidedly, not darling. To date, you've hit all 4 of my kids with something or another and 1 in particular too many times to count (my sickie child, Daphne who's body seems to attract your germs with delight). I hate croup (2 cases- one of which almost landed us in the emergency room, thank you very much- or should I say, no thanks to you!), bronchitis (1 case), the pukey stomach bug (3 cases), and too many coughs + booger cases to count. Please, let me sleep instead of making me stay up all night cleaning up food that makes a second appearance all over the bed, or carpet, or pajammas, for which I am forced to stay awake all night and blog or fold laundry- because I have to make sure that it will land in the bowl, and not all over the floor again. However much I enjoy blogging (but not folding laundry), I'd much rather be sleeping, of course. I think you get the point, and I hope you understand when I say.... GO AWAY!!!!

Sincerely,
One tired Momma

3 comments:

amberkei said...

Oh, my goodness! We're so done too. I don't think there's been a completely free day since Halloween...feeling sad for you all! Thought we were the only miserable ones. Cute blog, though! Good luck and I hope everyone's better real soon!

Tara and David said...

AMEN!!!!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Oh so sad, hope your kids and you get feeling better!