Monday, August 16, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Rain

I just so happen to love the rain. That's why this past weekend was my idea of perfection. It rained off and on all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I was in heaven. I kept exclaiming "Oh, this weather is so beautiful!" And my kids disagreed with "No it's not, it's boring!"

Friday evening it decided to take a break, so we went for an evening stroll-the kids hopped on their bikes. The wind was blowing and the slate gray clouds roiled above our heads. It started to look a little daunting so we turned around before our usual halfway point. We were close to home when it hit-we saw it coming from 20 feet away. A wave of rain-it was incredible. Andy said "Look! Here it comes you guys!" And then it rolled over us. We were drenched within seconds. Sadie tried to cower beneath the wagon we were pulling Bear in. He, on the other hand, jumped out and started running and splashing in puddles. He allowed his seat to be replaced by the bikes and the other kids joined him in the puddles while Andrew pulled along the silent passengers. We had several people call out to us from their garages "Do you need a ride home?" or "Do you live far?"
"No, thank you!" we happily replied. Like I said-I love the rain. Soaked-to the bone.


Saturday was much the same. The kids had to get out with their umbrellas and we also found out they had all outgrown their rainboots. Time for some new ones. Especially in this glorious state where rain is much more common than in the hot, dry desert-much to my delight. Oh well-snow boots,flip flops, and water socks worked well enough :)

It makes me happy to see that the Dead Summer Yellow color has been replaced with Rainy Summer Green :)

2 comments:

Most Happy Girl said...

I love the rain, too. Unfortunately, in Utah you only get rain if the chance of it is more than 75%, unlike snow, which we only need a chance of around 2% for it start falling like it will never end. Rainy days are perfect for staying inside, curling up with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa, and reading all day. *sigh* Never happens for me, though, even when it does rain.

amberkei said...

I saw the weather back there was supposed to be really rainy for a few days and thought about you. I agree - it's great when it rains!