Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Preschool for Daphne!

It came! It came! It finally came! Daphne's first day of "real" preschool!! Oh my goodness, I cannot tell you how many times over the last 6 months that Daphne has asked me when she is starting preschool. And since the other kids started school 2 weeks ago, it has just been pure torture for her to have to wait those few extra days.

Well, today was the day. I got Daphne a cute new outfit, but she was adamant about choosing her own and wanted to wear something she already had. She told me she'd wear her new outfit on the "real" first day of school which will be Friday (today was orientation-not a regualr 3 hour day). She also HAD to have her nails painted hot pink and of course asked for this as we were ready to walk out the door. I did it super fast-good thing she has tiny fingernails :) I think she was most excited about her new bookbag that can also be switched to a backback-amazing :)
Even though it was just orientation today, it was still an hour long. They had the children go into the classroom to work on a project with one of the teachers while the other teacher took the parents into another room and went over the schedule, various papers, field trip info, etc. for the year. When we were done I took her out to lunch. It is so much fun for me to get to have one-on-one time with my children. I just love it.
I know Daph will have a wonderful, fun year-she already loves it and can't wait to go back on Friday!

1 comment:

Travis and Cristan said...

Yea for kids that grow up...sometimes! I am so glad that she FINALLY got to go to school! Mason just went today and he was so ready! I love watching out kids grow up! They are turning into to such cute little people :)