Saturday, January 29, 2011

Caterpillar + Decorating = Nursury

Magnus lives in the coldest room in our house. It is really weird actually, in the summer it is the hottest room and in the winter, it is the coldest. I swaddle him up nice and tight for naps and bedtime and then wrap a lovely, thick quilt around him and he immedietly drifts off to Dreamland.... he reminds me of a caterpillar wrapped in a cocoon. He also likes his face covered up. Silly boy. This is the same crib that we have used for all 5 kids. BUT this is the first time it has looked different. My wonderful grandmother bought it for me when I was pregnant with Laylah and I loved the natural wood finish that it had. It was very trendy at the time, but by the time Daphne came along..... not so much. Andy painted it a lovely pale cream color for me and he just finished putting it together last week. I love it! Poor baby had been sleeping in his pack n' play since birth and I could tell he was getting a little cramped in it.

I was so excited to start decorating the nursury. It's still a work in progress, but I'm slowly getting it done. Along with the rest of the house. I basically just have the bedrooms left to decorate now (hanging things, adding a few new things and extra touches here and there). Even though we are in a rental and I can't paint (hence the walls and the crib are the same color... didn't think about that part when the paint for the crib was being chosen :) I can still hang things and bring color INTO the room. I love the green, chocolate brown and white for a boys room.


This sign will actually hang above the crib, but I don't have the right stuff to do it yet, so I stuck it on the crib for now.... my friend Ira made it. I love it. She's now doing one for my girls' room. Some people get all the talent.... my talent is making friends with people who HAVE talent and can help me :)


After 3 years of searching, I have FINALLY found quilts for my girls' beds that I love and that match the colors of their decor. They are such darling, shabby chic, girly girl, ruffly pieces. I am so excited to get it all incorporated and put the finishing touches on their room. I am having a lot of fun. I love to decorate, it's fulfilling to me.



Next up, the big boy's room...


And if I ever get to it (which hasn't happened in, well, ever) I will finally get to decorate my OWN bedroom which has empty walls and is pretty much a blank canvas. Someday... right?

2 comments:

Tara said...

Love it! His room is looking darling and I love the girls quilts. I have been searching FOREVER for quilts for my girls room. Where did you find yours? Maybe that is where I need to look. Can't wait to see more!

Emily said...

Oh so much fun to decorate a baby's room. I'm jealous!