Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Summer Is Coming

Did you know that after this week my kids only have 8 more weeks of school until summer break? I am so excited about this! I love summer break. Also, Andy and I are taking a break from school this summer semester which I couldn't be happier about. I need a break from school too. Then I'll have more time to play with my kiddies. 

The other day Laylah said to me, "We hardly ever see you anymore!" in a super pouty, lip quivery kind of voice and it made me really sad even though I pretended it wasn't true and named all the times I'd been with her that week. It's so hard to try and justify to myself that this crazy schedule will just be for a short while in the grand scheme of things, but it sure isn't easy in the mean time. I just keep telling myself it will be worth it and that hopefully my kids are learning something through all of this. Either that or they just completely forget about it so I'm not helping them pay for counseling someday because of their neglectful childhood. And that's a joke by the way because my kids might run a little wild some days but they aren't neglected. At least I don't think they are, haha.

Also, can I just mention that my hubs is pretty darn awesome these days? He is taking 16 credits, getting straight A's, working 30 hours a week (at night remember), only gets about 5 hours of interrupted lousy sleep at night, and still manages to be an amazing dad and husband. I love him.

Oh yeah, and he still manages to make me laugh on the daily:
 Nice one babe :)

No comments: