Sunday, January 29, 2017

Ultimate Girl's Day Out

 Back on September 2nd I was able to experience one of the most ultimate girl's day out ever. It was the Friday before I started my new job and we had planned it all to perfection. It was seriously one of the most fun days of my life. It included amazing friends, terrific shopping, eating delicious food, great company, and good music. See? Perfect day. 

It started bright and early as Katrina, Marcie, Shelly, and Cindy picked me up at 6:30 AM to head up to Swiss Days in Midway, UT. This is a craft/boutique festival that has gained popularity through the years and they have so many fun and unique items for sale. It is all sold at a terrific discounted rate and we cleaned up! We found so many darling and cute things to take home and spruce up our houses and wardrobes.

They have their infamous scones and this sucker filled me up for the majority of the day. So delicious.

They have the best wrapping paper booth and we all stocked up.

So cute.

Love these dear friends of mine!

After Swiss Days we did a little shopping in Park City and stopped for salads at Zupa's. 

We headed home to get ready for our next event that night. I ran home to change and clean up and chatted with my family for one minute before zipping back out the door. Andy was amazing that day, helping out with all the kid stuff just a day after his motorcycle accident. I appreciate him so much. 

Marcie picked me back up and her car was full of all of our friends. We headed to Cubby's where we went to dinner. More delicious food was eaten and then we went on our way to the Dixie Chicks Concert at Usana Amphitheater.

 We had lawn seats and it was a perfect evening.



 There was a whole hodgepodge of us there together. My good friends there were: Julie, Kari, Marcie, Katrina, Lori, and Cristan, and then the 4 other ladies (that I actually don't know) are friends of Katrina's and Julie's and we just all sat together.

 Kari, displaying her lovely belt buckle.

 We had a great time chatting before the Dixie Chicks came out (the warm-up band was terrible)

When the Chicks came out, it was pure madness! We all went crazy. We had a great time dancing, singing our hearts out, and laughing.
 To be honest, the concert and the Chicks performance was slightly underwhelming. But everything about it was great and we made it more fun with our crazy antics. You would never know that between all of us we have about 40 kids. Getting out of the parking lot afterwards was a madhouse and we almost got in a couple of fights with other cars, hahaha. 

Some of us were SO tired, but we didn't want the night to end. So we headed to Cheesecake Factory and got in at 5 minutes to midnight, right before closing. They put us in a corner and we just laughed and talked for the next 45 minutes until they basically kicked us out.

It was truly a day/night to remember and it made me so incredibly grateful for my amazing friends and the great examples in my life. I am so blessed. I have such a wonderful and happy life. I live for days like this one because it makes all of the day-to-day drudgery worth it.  

Loved my Ladies Day out!

No comments: