Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jo n' Bear


(I had the kids' pictures taken a few weeks ago. I'll be posting a few more of those pictures when I recieve the cd. For now, here's a cute one of the boys!)

My two boys had some well-child exams this week at the doctor's. I just wanted it written down for my records.

I'll start with Jonah. He will be turning 5 on Sunday! Craziness. I don't know why it's weird to me when he reaches a new milestone, but it's just natural when Laylah does. He just seems so much younger than her I guess. It's so weird to me that he is starting kindergarten. He is kind of on the small side for his age also. Here are his stats:

Height: 42 inches (32nd percentile)
Weight: 41 pounds (50th percentile)

The pediatrician thinks he will be just like Andy and have his growth spurt when he is in his mid-teens (Andy was only 5'6'' until he was about 16!) He said his development is great and he's healthy and strong. His eyes are still doing great and not digressing. He received 4 immunizations and he bawled his eyes out. He's ready to go for kindergarten! Now, if only mom could be ready :) Jonah is seriously the funniest kid. He is always making me laugh. When we went into the exam room, they told him to take all his clothes off except his underwear. He did that and while we were waiting he was walking around the room and looking at stuff. He found the stethescope and put it on. He went over to Laylah and said to her (completely seriously) "Alrighty Laylah, the Naked Doctor will see you now!" I just busted up laughing. I don't know where he gets his material, but I'm a fan :) I'll be posting more about Jo later because his birthday is so soon.


On to Baron. He is 15 months old now and his stats were as follows:

Height: 32 1/2 inches (about 90th percentile)
Weight: 28 pounds (90th percentile)
Head: 19 inches (79th percentile)

The doctor said Baron is very healthy also. He said his development is great and that he is very advanced for his age (that always makes me laugh- I just don't see it!) Bear's talking a lot and he's getting to that stage where he tries to repeat whatever you tell him to say. He says many words and a few sentances including: ball, Laylah, Jojo, Mama, Dada, Sadie, Hi, cheese, shoe, ow, up, Papa, Gma, banana, Hi guys, I wanna go, I wanna get up, I wanna drink, and more. He just recently started shaking his head "yes" and "no". If you ask him a question, he will answer you by shaking his head one way or the other. It's so cute and funny too. He is a terrific eater and sleeper. He will try (and usually love) anything we give to him to eat and he sleeps for 11-12 hours a night. He also takes 2 naps in the day (I'm trying to cut that down to one). He loves his binky and two blankets and is starting to want to take them everywhere we go. We all just adore our Bear. He is so sweet and so funny. He has a hilarious "fake" laugh that he does all day long. Funny story- while we were in Bear Lake, we were swimming in the pool. There was a ledge around the pool that he could stand on and the water came up to about his chest. Whenever I put him on the ledge, he would immediatly say "whoa whoa whoa whoa!" and fall into my arms laughing. He is so silly and loveable and squeezable. He gives great hugs and we love him to pieces.

I sure do love my boys!

5 comments:

Allyson said...

ADORABLE!

Ashlie said...

Very cute picture!

Becca and Brian said...

That pic is so freakin cute I love it! Bear is so big, and I think he is really advanced too!

SamandJasonfamily said...

That picture is too cute! You're a great mom for documenting things like Dr.'s appointments. I didn't save any of that cool stuff.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest picture ever! So funny to hear all the stats, seriously Baron and Lydia would be two peas in a pod, reading about him I feel like I'm reading about Lydia I love it!