Wednesday, July 8, 2009

True Love

Last night as Andy and I were relaxing at my parents condo in Bear Lake, where we have been since last week (and having so much fun! More on that later), I got a phone call from my friend and neighbor. She has been watching Sadie for us because my sister, who usually watches her when we go out of town, couldn't do it. Dogs aren't allowed on the condo property, so my neighbor said her son would take care of her (and we are SO grateful- thanks Dianne!). We've just been leaving her in the backyard during the day and he comes and feeds her and puts her inside at night. Anyway, my friend called and said that her son went to put Sadie away last night and she was gone. They looked all over the neighborhood and couldn't find her anywhere. She said they would just look for her in the morning and hopefully she would come home.

I was a little bit worried about her and I just kept talking about things that could happen to her. Also, I got her a new collar a few months ago, and I never transferred her tags from her old collar to her new one. Andy reassured me she would be okay. I went to bed around midnight and couldn't fall asleep for awhile. When I finally did, I had weird dreams about chasing Sadie and never being able to find her. I woke up several times and noticed Andy wasn't in bed. I figured he was asleep on the couch (he does that at home a lot) and didn't think anything of it. Around 6 AM I was awakened by Andy coming in our room. He wispered in my ear "Your puppy is safe." I fully awoke and asked him how he knew. He told me he drove home and drove around the neighborhhod and found her. He said she was SO happy to see him! He took her home and put her away in her kennel. Then he put her tags on her collar and also went around the whole backyard and stopped up every hole she could possibly fit through, and then drove back up to Bear Lake.

I was a little shocked he had done this. After all, he thinks Sadie is just an extra (unnecessary) expense and a nuisance. He doesn't like her much at all. However, he knows I love and care about her, as well as the kids. I think that is true love. Doing something so unselfishly that you don't even want to do. I am so in love with my husband. I'm grateful that I know how much he loves me by the things he does to show me.

Thanks love, for being my Knight in Shining Armor! (well, my knight in a shiny Toyota Rav4.... whatever ;)

8 comments:

Corrine said...

Way to go Andy!!! You rock :) That is way cool. You better let him sleep extra long today. Have a great time on your vacation. We miss you.

Travis and Cristan said...

I was not thinking that was the way your stoy was going to end!!! What an awesome husband. I really could never see Trav doing that!!!-he'd probably be the one that would let our dog loose;)

I am glad that your little sadie is safe! And give Andy a little somethin' somethin' for good behavior ;) ;)

Becca and Brian said...

Wow!!! That really is a knight in shiny armor!! What a great husband. I got chills when I read your post. He really loves you and would do anything for you. He is a keeper for sure! BTW when do you ever get back?

amberkei said...

Wow, Andy is really romantic! I bet he doesn't even know! Good ending to your story. Hope you're having a great time. Let's plan something once this leaves. I don't think you gave it to me...otherwise that is something strong and crazy!

Tara said...

What a man. That is so sweet. He must love ya! I hope your having fun!

Ashlie said...

I love it, that is so sweet!

Joanie said...

I saw Sadie over by my house. I didn't know it was yours. I am a little afraid of dogs so I don't usually approach them. I feel bad i didn't help when I could. I just saw a picture of what she looks like on here after reading this post and realized it....
Well, at least she is safe. And what an honorable man. Very touching. :)

SamandJasonfamily said...

That's so awesome! What a sweet hubby you have!