Saturday, July 18, 2009

Jonah's Spongebob Birthday Party!

Today we had Jonah's very first "real" birthday party. He has been talking about it for months and was so excited he almost couldn't stand it! He chose a Spongebob theme. (And FYI: Jo came up with all of our party games by himself- he amazes me sometimes!)Waiting for his guests to arrive

We had some water activities/ swam in the sea :)

Anyone that comes into our backyard cannot resist the Tire Swing. All 8 boys had to have a turn.

We had pizza and apple juice (that's my cute mom in the background- thanks for your help mom!!)


We had a delicious Spongebob Cupcake Cake (that I got for FREE!! Remember back in January when I ordered Daphne's cake from Walmart and it wasn't ready when I went to pick it up?? Well, it happened again, and the gal felt bad, so she told me it was on the house. So sweet of her!- who doesn't love free?!)

We had some Lil' Drum ice cream cones (perfect size for little kids!)


Jo had a blast opening gifts...

and received so many fun things!

We played Pin the Tie on Spongebob

My amazingly talented hubby drew this picture- he's definately the hidden talent guy.

And we topped off the party with a Spongebob Pinata...

... that was incredibly hard to open, so one of the dad's that came a bit early had to wack it open for us! Thanks Paul!

We had planned another game... Patrick the Starfish Fishing Pond, but we didn't have time for it- the kids were supposed to earn their prize bags this way, but Jonah had a fun time just passing them out. Jonah wanted to try the game anyway, and he told me to take a picture of him "fishing" (He's been wanting a fishing pole for his birthday.... I think he just might get that birthday wish ;)


Tight Squeeze! "Thanks for the party mom!" Love this boy. He's definately a keeper. I think the party was a success if the birthday boy comes out this happy :)

6 comments:

amberkei said...

Cute party, Sarah! What a fun day! I'm glad to get lots of ideas for Trent's coming party. I have never thrown my own kid's party before!! BTW: Baron in the corner is HILARIOUS! I have had many a silent laughter fit. Thank Heavens Ben can usually hold it is until after the discipline is over, because I almost never can. Kids crack me up!

SamandJasonfamily said...

Spongebob rocks! Even Mom is wearing spongebob colors. Happy Birthday Jonah! You're such a cutie.

Tara and David said...

Lance had so much fun!! That was a great party.
Love Baron in the corner, tooo funny!

Chris and Amy Darton said...

So fun, You are such a cute mommmy :)

Becca and Brian said...

That looked like a fun party! The pin the tied on sponge bob turned out so cute! I bet Joe thought it was the best party ever! He is getting so big!

Amy said...

Looks like a great party! Way to go, even a thank you from the birthday boy, you can't go wrong there! :-)