Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our First (And Only) Snow!

A couple of weeks ago, we had our first snow of the season! I cannot even describe my children's excitement. Bear had been asking for months when we would be able to go sledding. I had to explain over and over that it just doesn't snow here in Virginia like it does in Utah.

Well, it finally happened. And lucky for them, it just so happened to be a Saturday. We were headed home from one thing or another when this freak blizzard blew in. It was crazy. That morning was a balmy 55*, and by that afternoon, a white-out within 20 minutes.

As soon as we got home, the kids begged and begged for me to dig out the bin of snow clothes. Can I just say, I must really love my kids and want them to be happy because that darn thing was at the very back of the storage room, and I had to pull out 10 other bins before I found it. Ugh. We finally found clothes to fit everyone (it helped tremendously that Jonah wasn't home, but at a birthday party. Poor Jonah, he missed the snow) and they were off.

They used all of that pathetic covering of snow to build a little snowman.

I came outside for a minute to throw a carrot down off the deck for his nose. Whoops, and I forgot my shoes. It's okay, I can handle it.... I'm a Utah girl ;)

Good times in the 2 inches of snow. It's still hilarious to me that people here think that is like, a ton :)


Poor Magnus was stuck inside with the nice cozy fireplace, and cups of hot cocoa with mom and dad.




He really wanted to go out. Sorry dude, maybe next year. *If* it snows, that is!


When the kids came in, they warmed up, drank hot cocoa, and we all had delicious homemade soup and breadsticks for dinner, my favorite chilly day meal.


I thought I missed the snow since moving out of Utah, but I have to admit that it's kind of nice only having it for a day, and then it's gone. My kind of winter!

No comments: