Friday, November 21, 2008

Just a Little Update

I went back to the Dr. today to check out my eye and get my lab results. It was a little discouraging to say the least. I have an auto-immune disorder called Hlab27. It's related to Lupus and it is what cause my iritis. I also had a list of lower back issues according to the radiologist, including one that predominantly affects men (if 100 people had it, only 10 would be women) and they are because of the disorder as well. I am going to have to go to a Rheumatologist (specialty Dr.) to see more about it. My eye is also as painful as ever and the opthemologist said it hasn't gotten much better, it is still very inflamed and the redness has started coming back (it went away for awhile with the eyedrops). He told me to just continue on and come back to him in a week and that by then it should have a major improvement. I'll cross my fingers :) He prescribed me 800 mg ibprofuen to help with the pain (I love those huge pills!) and now I have to take prilosec to help my stomach with the constant ibprofuen. I'm a mess! It is a little overwhelming, but I talked to my wonderful and not to mention knowledgable brother all about it and it's a little scary, but he said it's all managable. It's just weird because it's one of those things that happens to other people and you never think things like this would happen to you. I'm just so grateful that I have a wonderful, supportive, loving husband and also family and inlaws. I'll keep updates on whatever's going on as I receive more info.

5 comments:

Jasmyn said...

Oh, Sarah - I'm sorry! That's no fun...:( I can't believe what a trooper you've been with 4 kids in tow too, though! (Or is that 5? Hmmm...?) Hang in there. :)

Tara and David said...

Hang in there Sarah! We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. You are amazing to be dealing with all this and a mother of 4. The Lords gives trials to the strongest! Love ya!

Brian and Becca said...

Sarah, I hope everything goes okay. If you need anything at all just call you know I would do anything for you!!

Tara said...

It sounds like you have a great attitude towards all of this. I think that always helps in our trials. I am sorry to hear all of that. I hope you get feeling better soon. I really miss you and I would love to do your hair again. I need your email address so I can send you the dimensions for the barbie doll house. Let me know if you want any pictures of it because I will send them too. I will be thinking about ya. BTW I saw Twilight last night and I LOVED it. It was so perfect.

amberkei said...

Oh, Sarah! I'm sorry to hear about this...that's not something you want to hear about! I hope you know we're thinking and praying for you. Hope you figure out what you need to do!