Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lose a Tooth, Get a Tooth







Laylah lost her first tooth! It has been loose for quite awhile, but she refused to let anyone pull it out. She would let me wiggle it and if I said "Should we just pull it out?" She'd clamp her mouth shut and slap her hands over it and shake her head "no" so fast! It kept getting more and more crooked and I finally looked in and saw that her big tooth was already coming in behind the baby one. I told her it had to come out. She said okay and let me try and pull it out (which BTW, makes me SICK! I hate loose teeth, losing teeth, anything about teeth. It is disgusting and I HATE it. It still amazes me- the things I do for my kids because I love them SO much! ) I couldn't get a grip and she started crying that it hurt, so I stopped. Later she said it was bleeding, so I told her to open up and let me see. When she did I reached in and yanked it out. She started freaking out and me and Andy were laughing. I told her to go wash her mouth out and when she came back she was still crying and I said "Look, now the Tooth Fairy can come!" She started laughing and crying at the same time. It was pretty funny. Then she got really excited and put it under her pillow. Well, here comes the part where I should get the Worst Mother of the Year Award... I forgot! I forgot to take the tooth and put money under her pillow!!! When she woke up she came in my room and said "Mom, my tooth is still under my pillow." Let me tell you, I have never thought so fast in my life, or felt so horrible! I told her "Oh, I'm sorry Laylah, I bet she was so busy last night she couldn't make it. Go put it back under your pillow and I bet she'll make it tonight." she did that and then went downstairs to watch tv. I hurried and put a dollar under her pillow and grabbed the tooth and then ran downstairs and said "Laylah, I just saw the Tooth Fairy! She jumped through your window and told me ' I'm so sorry, I was so busy all night and Laylah was my last stop and I see she's already up, tell her I'm sorry I was late.' So go up and see what she left under your pillow!" She got this big grin and ran upstairs and found her dollar. She was so excited. And let me tell you... I don't think the Tooth Fairy will ever forget to visit our house again! :)



It's barely through, if you look close you can see the tiny little tooth on his bottom right side




The day finally came! Baron got his first tooth. I had no idea he was even teething because since about the age of four months he has liked to bite things really hard and he has drooled and the last couple of weeks he's been cranky from my meds. So imagine my surprise when Andy called me up to our room where he and Bear were playing and said "Look, he's got a tooth!" It's barely poking through and it's such a cute little tooth :) And he's such a good boy, he's never even attempted to bite me (knock on wood...because I'm still weaning and have to nurse about once a day). This is also the latest one of my kids has gotten their first tooth, so I had just given up that he ever would! (j/k)

3 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

Wow teeth coming in teeth falling out. You are so funny with loose teeth. I cant believe Layla is old enough to loose a tooth. Mckenzie told me the other day after being at your house that she wanted her teeth to come out, she was wiggling it and told me "it just wont come out". It was funny. She just wants to be just like Laylah, its cute. I'm glad the tooth fairy finally showed up to your house. :)

amberkei said...

Oh, what fun! That doesn't make you a bad mom though...or I think we're all in for it! That's the only way I've found any of Tyler's teeth - by someone looking in his mouth. Too bad I don't realize before that he's fuzzy and crabby for a reason! Oh, I love the innocense of children and how willingly Laylah believed you. What a sweet girl!

Allyson said...

We forgot to play toothfairy 2 nights in a row with hailey....and yesterday she lost another tooth.
well i was thinking OK DON'T FORGET THIS TIME!!!! this morning she woke up SO excited to see what was under her pillow and she opened her box and nothing! i felt SO bad her face just dropped and said she didn't come AGAIN!!!
so now it's 3 times for me! I get the worst mother award!!!! hope i remember tonight!