Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Little Randomness

One of the tutus I made. Don't look too close, it's my first ever try and its not quite finished, I have a little more ribbon to add and need wrap the waist and do a big bow (it's hanging on the bunkbed ladder so you can see it better, in case you were wondering :)


I just thought this was cute of everyone in their jammies ready for bed.. I think they were watching Jumangi... and then they all proceeded to have nightmares :)


I finally got my disc of all of our family pictures and I had to post this one because I loved it. The photographer actually took several of Andy throwing Bear, but Andy kept throwing him too high and Allyson would cut his head off, so this is the only one that turned out.


Not much has been going on around here lately. I haven't been feeling that great, I've had a bunch of headaches and I mostly just sit around and do nothing. The Rheumetologist that was highly recommended to me is, of course, extremely busy, so what they do is get a copy of your bloodwork, x-rays, your previous doctor's opinion, and the doctor looks at it and decides how important it is for you to be seen. It's not first come, first served, it's highest priority seen first. They told me they would call me after the doctor had reviewed all my info, and then call me to make an appointment.

On a brighter note, Baron took his first ever bottle a couple days ago! YAY! I am so ready to be done, in the past I've nursed my babies for about six months and then they usually start getting teeth, so I would wean them, plus by then I want my body back to myself (I can never seem to lose all my baby weight until I completely stop nursing) but Baron was so stubborn, and he still doesn't show any signs of teeth, so I just kept on. When my pediatrician and I spoke about the medication I'm taking affecting Baron, he said it was safe, but there could be a couple of side effects- crankiness and upset stomach. Well, since almost 2 weeks ago when I started taking it, he's shown both. I figured I'm probably going to have to be on more meds as soon as I see this other doctor, so I might as well wean him now and get it over with. He still fusses a little when I start with the bottle, but he usually drinks it all. I know he doesn't like it much and I feel a little bad for him, but I've already noticed a difference. He's been a lot happier, and a lot less cranky.

I'm so excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow because then it's...Christmas!! I love Christmas, but I'm one of those that can't stand decorating, listening to Christmas music, or anything before Thanksgiving. It just makes the wait seem so much longer, so I don't do it. I don't mind when other people do it, I just don't like to. However, I believe it is never too early to start Christmas shopping and I am basically done! I only have a few odds and ends to get. This is the earliest I've ever done it and it feels great! Christmas crowds really drive me crazy, especially the more kids I have, I have to drag them around store to store... it's not fun. I have also finished my neighbor/home teaching/visiting teaching gifts! I am really proud of myself if you can't tell. I usually bake something for those gifts, and I decided to try toffee this year. It turned out great. My mom and I spent all night doing it. It was so much fun. I also made the my girls tutus and I'm making Jonah a superhero cape for dress-ups. My mother-in-law is an excellent seamstress and she's helping me because it is a long running joke in Andy's family that I'm homemaker challenged. Before we got married I had never cooked, sewn, held a baby (didn't even like kids for that matter), or done anything that homemakers typically do. I'm an expert now- or so I'd like to think :) Anyway, I'm extremely proud of myself for doing homemade stuff because I am not crafty whatsoever. I'm not creative, I don't scrapbook, I can't sew, and whenever I try it's pretty laughable. So yay for me.

I also went to Laylah's parent/teacher conference and she did so good! She got the highest marks on everything and her teacher said she is doing great. She said she just needs to work on talking and giggling with her friends that she sits by, which I wasn't surprised to hear at all. When Laylah is giddy and starts to laugh, she gets really loud and does this high-pitched little cackle... it's really funny. Jonah also had a little Thanksgiving feast at school and found out he likes pumpkin pie (gross). I'm so glad school is out for a few days so I can sleep in and not have to get everyone ready in the morning. Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and stuffs themselves silly. I know I will, it's my last chance to eat all I want before I start my post-nursing diet and excercise regimen! And also, Happy Black Friday Shopping. I've never done it, but I think I might venture out this year if I can find a crazy person to go with me :)

BTW, if anyone is interested, here is a link to an article about one of the autoimmune disorders I have been diagnosed with (hopefully the only one) It really helped me understand it and know what I'm in for :)

5 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

I love the picture a Beron in the air. Looks fun! YOu will have to let me know when the Dr sees you.

Matt and Liz said...

Your family pictures are so cute! I love them! Who took them for you? I'm SO sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. That's got to be really tough with having four kids so young. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

amberkei said...

Sarah, Thanks so much for all your positive comments. I really am feeling so fine about it now - I guess it was just a shock because I thought we were home free for the first year. However, I had been feeling overwhelmed and ready to be done - just not that day. Oh, the motherhood thing is great! I hope that things are still going well for you with Baron. Weaning is just one more thing for our crazy-mommy-brains to deal with! Thanks again!

amberkei said...

Oh, Sarah - I'm so sorry that you're having to figure out all this stuff with your health in the midst of having young children and now in the middle of the busiest holidays! I sad for you that you're so tired, but I'm sure the more rest you get really does help your body. Especially since us moms have to function at least a tiny part each day! I hope you continue to find the answers you're looking for. It's hard when you don't know what is going on, so hopefully the more you learn, the better things will be. I'm sure your children will have a magical Christmas no matter when things start showing up in your house! Let me know if there's anything I can do!

The A.Wahls said...

I would love your toffee recipe. I love trying to make new things. And the Tutu is SO cute -way to go. For being "homemaker challenged"... I'm quite impressed. You could have fooled me. :)