Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Barbie/Princess Birthday Party

Playing pin the crown on the princessDaphne with her Papa. He has got to be her favorite person in the world

Dressed up in one of her many dress-ups from the trunk. I have a feeling she will not be wearing regular clothes for awhile...


Yesterday was Daphne's birthday. She wanted to go swimming for her birthday, so after we picked up Laylah from school we went swimming for 4 hours. She loves to swim. We came home and got ready for her party after we ate the dinner of her choice- french toast and bacon. Daphne was so excited to have a Barbie and the Diamond Castle Birthday party. Well, about the only thing I could find at the party store with that theme was plates and cups :( I was able to order a Barbie and the Diamond Castle cake though (which wasn't ready when I went to pick it up! ARGHHHH! I hate Walmart... but it was finished in time for the party :) So, after discussing it, Daphne thought it would be okay to have a Barbie/ Princess party. It was fun. We invited my whole family, including my Grandmas, and everyone said they could come, and then the day of, one by one people called and said they were sick. Weird. So, only my parents and Kaylie were able to make it, and also my friend Becca and her two darling girls Madi and Kenzie. Daphne didn't care that hardly anyone was there, she still had a blast and loved every minute. She received 2 movies- barbie in Rapunzel, and a Disney Princess movie, Sleeping Beauty barbie with a bed, Melody Barbie from Barbie and the Diamond Castle, Glitter the Horse from Barbie and the Diamond Castle, a huge trunk full of dress-ups and jewely, new princess slippers, new black boots, clothes, and a bunch of candy. She was in heaven, and still is today as she plays and plays. We played a game, Pin the Crown on the Princess, which Laylah won (I think she cheated :) and had cake and ice cream. It was a fun party, and thank you everyone for coming!

4 comments:

Becca and Brian said...

My girls had a blast, I'm glad Daphne had a wonderful birthday. She was so cute opening all her little presents (you could tell which ones she was extra excited about opening) Wow the big 3! she is such a little big person "if you know what I mean?" hehe Cute Daphne tell her I think she is adorable!

The A.Wahls said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Daphne! Looks like a fun party. We have a "princess" party coming up in Feb. for a soon-to-be- 3 year old at our house. :) Aubrey had so much fun with her at Christmastime. I have to admit, it is so fun to see your pictures now and be able to "place" them, having been to your cute house. Thanks again for having us over!

P.S. Your kids hair is always darling! I aspire to help my kids achieve the same stylish looks. :) If I'm lucky enough to get it done, it just gets messed up. How do you get them to "keep" it looking nice?

Tommy and Teisha said...

Your girls look just like you-- they are adorable. Looks like she had a pretty great B-day!

amberkei said...

So cute, Sarah! It's crazy how they just keep growing and getting older...even though I don't feel that different.
Don't worry about making it to everything...just inviting people who may want to get out and do something since outside much isn't an option. (Especially with the yucky air) Hope everything's okay with the car...that always stinks when you have to take care of that.