Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finally Have Time...

I can't believe it is already the 11th of January! Why does time fly so fast as an adult and seem to drag as a kid? Well, I never posted about the week between Christmas and New Years, so for my sake I'm doing it. And I have NO pictures to break up the monotony, so feel free to skip this post! It was just too crazy and I had my camera everywhere we went but never pulled it out. So, Friday, day after Christmas, I did post about. We went sledding and out to dinner that evening with my fam. One thing I didn't mention was I did get to see an old friend that I grew up with who was in town. We hadn't seen each other since my wedding and she came to my house with her kids and our kids got along great. We had lunch and caught up. It was so much fun. (Great to see you Alyssa!) Saturday was our recoup and let the kids enjoy their toys day, so we did NOTHING and it was heaven! Except that evening we got together with Andy's fam and played games. On Sunday we didn't do much, of course went to church, and stayed home with our little family. On Monday my sis Rach and I, and my mom along with all of our kids, went shopping to several after Christmas sales and out to lunch. It was fun but a bit of a nightmare with 6 kids... I'm sure you can all imagine. That evening Rachel and I had a party at my moms with old highschool friends and old college roomates. Rachel and I were roomates for one semester before we got married (best 5 months EVER! I love my sis!) and so we shared some roomates. We had dinner and dessert and talked. It was a lot of fun. On Tuesday we had a big breakfast (again, at my moms-thanks mom!) with really old friends from our childhood. It was so much fun to see people we had grown up with and see how they are doing. Everyone brought their kids and it was a fun, crazy, madhouse. My sister has a bunch of brilliant ideas and loves to see as many people as possible when she comes to visit, especially at Christmas, because everyone is here from out of town to see family. It's great, and I'm glad she organizes it and I don't have to :) Afterwards, we decided to try shopping again, this time without the kids, so we got a babysitter. We just took our babies, and me, Rach, and my mom went up to the outlets at Park City and shopped for hours. So much fun. If you can't tell, I love to be with my mom and Rachel :) On Wednesday, we had our annual Collette Girls holiday shopping trip. I am the only sister-in-law in Andy's fam, so me, along with Andy's mom and sisters (whom I love like my own sisters and mom, which makes it even better) go shopping ALL day to pretty much wherever we want to go. We also do lunch, and we hit up DSW, never fail. It has become a fun tradition that I look forward to every year. We then went to the Collette's to spend New Years Eve where we ate dinner and partied all night playing Wii, talking, and eating. Tons of fun! On New Years day my Grandma Jerman has a New Years open house every year where we go see my whole Jerman side of the family and talk and eat some more and usually end up watching football. It was a lot of fun. On Friday Rachel had to go home :( and my mom was working, so we took her lunch and we ate with her, then Rachel took off home to Las Vegas (well, her real home is here, but it is her temporary home for now :) It was such a fun, crazy, non-stop week and I loved it, but I'm glad it's over for another year. I think my house is the dirtiest it has ever been and I have more loads of laundry to do than I ever have... oh well, it was worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah - It was so good to hear from you! Your kids are ADORABLE! I just want to squish Baron - he is such a squishy ball of love!! I am so glad we can keep in touch now! I know how you feel with time flying by - I can't believe it 2009!