Friday, January 9, 2009

Funny Kids

Whenever I do a post about the funny things my kids say, its mostly just for me because my mom always says "If you don't write it down, you won't remember it." So I try to always write it down because when I don't I think "What was that funny thing so-and-so said the other day?..." and I love to remember how funny kids can be, especially when I'm ready to tear my hair out because of them! Here we go...

Jonah singing on the potty: "Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir yes sir, three bags full. One for my master and one for my dame, but none for the little boy who lives down the drain..."

Laylah in the car while we were driving to the gym: L "Mom, why do you go to the gym?" Me"So I can workout" L "Why? What does working out do for you?" Me "It's healthy for our bodies to excercise" L "Oh... do you want to loose pounds too?" Me"Ya, it's always great to loose a few pounds too" L"Do you want to loose pounds becasue you think you are fat?" Me "No, I don't think I'm fat, I just need to loose some weight to be more healthy" L "Oh...you want to be skinny like me? Wait, what does skinny mean again? Everyone always tells me I'm skinny, but I don't know what that means!" Me laughing "It means you're not fat" L" okay, well, you are skinny, and not fat mom." What a sweetie... thanks Lay :)

Daphne at dinner, discussing her favorite movie Barbie and the Diamond Castle: "Me and Laylah are the princesses, Liana and Alexa. Sadie and Roxy (our dog who is dead, just FYI) are Lily and Sparkles, our dogs. Daddy and Bear bear are Jeremy and Ian, the princes. Jonah is Slyder, the dragon. And Mommy, you can be.... the witch! You are Lydia the witch!" Andy says "Why does mom have to be the witch?" Daphne "Because she's mean" Ha ha! Oops, guess I better work on not being so "mean" :)

3 comments:

Maquel said...

So funny! I'm glad you write down what your kids say. It makes me look forward to when Stockton will carry on regular conversations.

amberkei said...

Cute! It's great to get it all written down sometimes...plus it's fun to read! Thanks for sharing with us!

laura said...

Hello! I am so happy you posted a comment on my blog. Your family is adorable and you look great! Hope everything is going well!

Keep in touch!