Friday, January 2, 2009

Jonah's Eyes

No, these are not Jo's glasses ( I'm sure you all were wondering ;) they are play glasses he can only wear before he goes to bed at night, so he always puts them on to be funny


Just a little update on my JoJo. We had another appointment with the eye dr. and we were very excited with the news. He told us that Jonah's doubled his improvement in his bad eye, which is very encouraging because that means the patches are working! He will still continue wearing them for four hours a day. We are just thrilled with this news because the type of lazy eye that Jonah has isn't very common and if you dont' catch it early enough the damage is irreversable. It also cannot be corrected with surgery like other types of lazy eye. So we are happy.


We're just getting back into the routine from the after Christmas lazy period that I'm sure everyone has. We have been crazy busy with parties, shopping expeditions, dinners, movies, and family get-togethers. I'll post more about all of that later. I can't wait until next week when school starts again and I can get back into my routine. I hope everyone had a happy, fun and safe New Year!

4 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

Thats Great News I so happy that things are looking up for Joes Eyes :)

Unknown said...

That's so great! My husband Mark had a lazy eye when he was little and he had to wear the eye patch too. His mom made him wear it all the time like the doctor recommended (he hated it of course) but because of that his eyesight is perfect now. I will keep hoping for you that Jonah's outcome is the same! Keep up the good work! You're a great mom!

Tommy and Teisha said...

Wow that is good news about his eye-- most be so much fun worrying about those kind of things as a mom.

Tara said...

That is good news for sure. Your Christmas looks like it was so fun. I love the Barbie house. It turned out so cute. Good job! I also love the poem from your hubby. So cute and I say good for you two getting away by yourselves. I am excited to see you tonight. Hopefully the weather will chill out and you will be able to make it.