Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Birthday #26, Fun at Disneyland, and Lots of Rain

Well, I am home... and not to happy about it. I just Love going away with my hubby for some alone time. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than just about anything, but having a break was pure heaven. Once again, thank you to everyone who helped us out by watching them. So we started out on Wed afternoon. Our flight arrived around 4:00 and we got our rental car and checked into our hotel. The weather was so beautiful... about 70 degrees and perfect. We took off to Downtown Disney to shop, eat and see a movie (Inkheart- Andy's choice- I don't recommend it) We got back to our hotel around 11:00 and we were both out like a light. I can't remember the last time I slept so well or so long. It was great. The next day was my birthday and I got so many calls and texts... thank you everyone, it really made my day.We went to Disneyland (they gave me a pin that said Happy Birthday Sarah on it, and let me tell you, I have never had so many people tell me happy birthday so many times in one day) and the first part of the day was awesome, beautiful weather, hardley any people. We never waited for more than 5 minutes in a line for anything. Around 1:00 it started to rain (we had checked the weather, so we were prepared) which was a bummer, but not to bad. It wasn't cold, just wet. Kind of weird that the week before was 85 degree weather, and the whole time we were there the forecast was for rain. The day we left the weather was beautiful again. Oh well, what do ya do?
Andy pretending to be scared in the BEST ride ever... Tower of Terror! I think we rode it 10 times
Andy had made reservations (2 weeks before our trip, and snagged the 3rd to last one!) for the Blue Bayou which is that really nice restaraunt in the Pirates of the Caribbean. It was so delicious.
You can't see it because it's really dark in the restaraunt, but the Pirates ride was right behind us
My birthday cake... errr, I mean cookie pirate ship... delish!
make a wish!
Arghhh Matey's!
We shopped and saw all the cute 3-D movies, and did whatever I wanted. I love my hubby. The next day was a repeat, although a little colder (hence the reason I am wearing THREE jackets in almost all of our pics... my two that I brought and Andy's as well. He's crazy, he was wearing shorts and a t-shirt... and a Disneyland poncho :) We got to do everything we wanted and then some. We had a blast and seriously felt like little kids. It was so much fun. We both kept saying things like "Oh, Laylah would love this..." and "Jonah is going to have so much fun when we come back..." and "Baron will be big enought to do this next time..." It made us laugh that although we were having a great time by ourselves, our kids are never far from our minds. It definately made us so excited to bring the kids back later this year.
Our camera is terrible, so you can't see it very well, but it was POURING... luckily we were on the train and stayed nice and dry
A princess in front of her castle...
My awesome 3-D glasses
On Saturday we went out to breakfast and then drove to San Diego. We were planning on doing a session at the temple (It is one of our favorites, and we actually considered getting married there...) but wouldn't you know it... it was CLOSED for their annual cleaning. It reopened a day after we left. We had a bit of bad luck this trip I guess. But we still got a few gorgeous pics.
And while driving we stopped to take a few pics of the ocean. I wanted to go to the beach while we were there, but because of the rain, it wouldn't have been much fun. So we got as close as we could and snapped a few pics. It was very beautiful.
Then Andy let me drag him around while I shopped.... and shopped some more. I got a bunch of cute things for my birthday... a few pairs of shoes (my obsession), sunglasses, jewelry, clothes, and almost a new purse... Andy thought it was the ugliest thing in the world, and because I wasn't in love with it, I told him I would keep looking :) We met up with one of Andy's best cousins (shhh, don't tell the other ones) and his gorgeous wife- Brian and Nikki, for dinner. We were there for three hours catching up and laughing our heads off. It was so much fun. We then had to make the drive back to Anaheim and get some sleep because our flight left at 7:00 AM. We were up at 5:00, and made it just in time. It was such a fun trip and I love my sweet hubby for thinking of me and knowing me so well. He is the best. This is for you babe- XOXOXO

4 comments:

amberkei said...

Happy Birthday! i'm so glad you got to have this trip without the kids. It's nice to take off once in a while. And that's usually what it is - a very few and far between! I love that temple, too and the Blue Bayou is SO good. Looks like they treated you right!

Brian and Becca said...

Looks like you had a blast. I'm glad your birthday was the best ever. I'm sure you and your kids will love going soon. Thats a bumber that the Temple was closed. The same thing happened to us on our honeymoon. We had our Hotel almost across the street from the San Diego Temple and planned on going through a session but.... believe it or not it was closed for cleaning.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Wow now you guys do birthdays right at your house! What a fun little vacation! I hear ya on it's so nice to get away but your kids are never far from your mind. Anyways happy late birthday!

Travis and Cristan said...

Umm... I just got an idea. I think you'll like it. I think we should get some girls together and relive the california trip of 99' I know that was in Flordia but California would be cheaper. How much fun would that be. So maybe when we all get lots of extra money and we have some to spare we should go.