Monday, February 23, 2009

A Riding Day

Luna (my family's horse) and me


This past weekend my sister Kaylie stayed with me while my parent went to St. George to stay in their condo. On Saturday it was such a gorgeous day, so we decided to go riding. I love horsebackriding. I grew up riding and throughout Jr. High and Highschool I used to compete in English and Western riding, in different events. I still love it, but with four kids, I really don't get to do it a whole lot anymore. So we went out to the barn Satuday afternoon, saddled up the horses and went for a fun ride. Kaylie rides almost daily, so she was laughing at me when I kept complaining about how dirty and smelly it was. (I haven't been in a barn in over a year- since before I got pregnant with Baron) It never used to bother me, in fact, I used to love the smell of horses and barns and everything associated with it. After awhile, I got back into the groove and realized how much I had missed it. I love riding and it was so fun to spend the day doing something I love and miss so much.
Kaylie and AceMe and Luna

2 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

Looks like fun, but is your butt sore? heheheh!

Rachel said...

I didn't know you were a horse girl! I grew up riding too, I did eventing and jumping. You are lucky you have somewhere you can ride, but I am sure it is hard to find the time.