Friday, January 22, 2010

Carpet Up-Check!




My sweet awesome hubby has been working so hard. He has been pulling up all of our old, nasty, disgusting carpet that I have hated and tolerated for 3+ years. He will be laying the Pergo tomorrow. Wish us luck as he has never done it before. The carpet for upstairs will be installed the beginning of February. I can't wait. I'll get to enjoy it for a few days at least.
I am in a mess. I know I will just have to tolerate it for a couple more weeks, but it is driving me CRAZY! Boxes are everywhere, rooms are torn apart, furniture/beds are in pieces, mattresses are on the floor and every morning I look around and think "I don't want to do anything." My wonderful sister is coming next week to help me pack. I'm looking for people to tend my kids so I don't have them to deal with as well. Any volunteers? Haha...
I am making a list of people I want to see and things I want to do before we leave in 3 short weeks. This is getting crazy!
We finally finalized our moving plans with Andy's company. They want us to take a company truck and trailer that Andy will use to drive our stuff. I will drive our Expedition and my mom is coming with me and the kids and then she'll fly home after a week. They will ship his company car there. I'm kind of looking forward to driving and getting to see so many states. Plus, I'll never have to do it again hopefully...
I called the kid's new school and it sounds great. I'm also happy/nervous because they will be riding the bus and I worry about bus bullying, but I am happy I won't have to take them/pick them up.
As you can see- LOTS going on, lots of thoughts going through my head at 100 miles/second. Busy busy busy.
Please bless I don't go crazy. I would hate to break my New Year's Resolution in January :)


7 comments:

Becca and Brian said...

Wow that makes me dread when I will be moving! I'm happy to watch your kids just not this next week cause I'm crazy busy but after this week I'm free anytime.. Good Luck! I cant believe your leaving me!

amberkei said...

Talk about feeling like your head is going to explode! That is the craziest time - moving time and the more kids you get the crazier and more out-of-control things feel! SORRY! I would love to help you out anyway I can. Breathe!! And hang in there! So many great things to look forward to!

Tara said...

I wish I lived right by you so I could help. You can drop your kids off here anytime. My kids would love it. I am excited to see you next week.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Woohoo that is exciting! I can't believe that you are moving to Virginia, I feel like I haven't checked your blog forever! Good luck with everything, I'm sure it will be a great adventure! P.S. We laid the pergo flooring in our basement for the studio ourselves and it wasn't nearly as bad as we thought, I got each piece ready and chris put it in! Anyways if we can do it anyone can do it (ha ha ha!)

Allyson said...

now who do i trade hair and pics with???? BOOOOO! have fun driving across country. that might be fun? maybe?
be safe!

Shana Smith said...

SAD! So you guys are leaving after all?! You are going to have a great adventure, and I know that it is going to make you and your little family that much closer.. I would like to do that someday! Good luck with the move and travel safe....

Shellie and Bryan said...

Hey Sarah! I just wanted to say thanks for all the kind and often hilarious comments you leave on my blog. I really do appreciate them, but I don't always get around to saying such. You are great! Thanks for taking the time even when you have sooo much going on. Good luck with the move :)