Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Empty House on Stardust

We spent our last official night in our home yesterday. We'll be moving into my parents house today for a couple of weeks just so it will be easier to come back and do touch-ups in an empty house, and also because the new carpet is coming next week. I will be driving to the kids' school 3 times a day, which is about 20 minutes from my parents, so pretty much, I'll live in the car. My mom and Rachel came one day and we got a big bulk of the packing done. Now we just need to move all of the STUFF into the trailer. We haven't rented our house out yet, cross your fingers and say a little prayer for us :) I have been feeling sort of empty inside for the past week or so. I know I keep saying this, but I have just been so incredibly stressed out, worried about stuff, plus some other random things have been going on and I am just SO ready for all of this to be behind me. I am ready to start our "adventure" as everyone keeps calling it. My to-do list keeps getting shorter and shorter, miraculously (thanks to the help of some wonderful people in my life :) and also my "fun list" as I've been calling it (people I want to see, stuff I want to do, etc before the move) has also been shrinking. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out with anything. Pack pack away!


Here are some pictures of my house before we started packing. Like I have been saying, my house has been in shambles for a couple weeks now, so what you're NOT seeing is the giant mess that we moved out of the way to get these pics. And I didn't take one of every room becasue some things we never got to do that we had planned on doing which makes me sad. Someday I'll post before pics of my house and you'll be amazed :)



This was our first house. I will miss it SO much. We have SO many great memories from here and there are SO many things I will miss about it.


The Memories:
-Making plans for remodeling
-My hubby, dad, and father-in-law laying tile in the kitchen (there was CARPET when we bought it!) the week before we moved in, and fighting about which way to lay it (I wanted diagonal but Andy and his dad thought it would be too hard. My dad fought for me and guess who won? Me. Thanks dad :)
-Painting for hour upon endless hour, and room after endless room-almost always with Rachel who would come up specifically for said painting
-Watching my kids play in the backyard
-My hubby getting me a puppy our first Christmas here.
-Having Becca and her girls over to "play" just so Becca and I could sit and talk and do nothing.
-Having a "salon" night with Cristan ever couple months. She'd do my nails, I'd do her hair and then afterwards we'd get Leatherby's to-go and sit in my living room for hours and chat about anything.
-Getting to finally decorate my own home.
-Movie nights with our little family
-Finding out I was pregnant with Bear and also getting to bring him home from the hospital
-Laylah learning to ride a bike on the street right in front of our house.
-Daphne learning to sleep in a "big girl bed"
-Jonah throwing toys up in our gigantic tree in the backyard and then trying to climb it to get them out.
-My mom coming over to hangout every few weeks and help me do things around the house.
-Pushing all the kids on the tree swing out back
-Many more fun, wonderful, amazing memories....


Things I'll Miss:
-My gigantic kitchen sink.
-My bathroom
-The stripes in my girls' room
-All the new flooring
-All of the colors I so thoughtfully chose out for every room in the house.
-Driving up into our little carport with the sensored light always coming on to greet us.
-The giant-sized tree in our back yard.
-The creaks in the ooooold floor (sometimes when Andy was out of town, they terrified me :) because I always knew when a kid was out of bed if I heard that noise :)
-Playing freeze tag for FHE out in our huge backyard.
-Being here together as a family
I know most of these things we will be able to do in our new home, and it only matters that we are together as a family, but we will never forget our first home. The walls are empty, it's full of boxes, and it just doesn't feel the same. I will miss it. I have loved our first little home on Stardust.


3 comments:

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Your house is so darling, I want to come and rent it (ha ha ha!) Good luck with the move, I will be honest I'm always a little jealous when people get to move out of state it seems like such an adventure!

Travis and Cristan said...

i can't believe it! its actually happening! i don't let my self really think about myy best freind moving a million miles away, but this post puts it right there in my face! i am going to miss you and your family so freakin' much...what am i going to do...this just makes me too too sad!


i will probably lose weight because i won't go to leatherbys with anyone else...its our place!

love you more than you'll ever know!

Corrine said...

OK girl, this is making me really sad. I guess it's for real now. You will be missed greatly, but I am excited for your new adventures that are to come. Good luck with all that you do.

I sure did love the time I had to get to know you and your family. You guys have been good friends and I will miss you so much!!!

Love ya tons ;)